Need help !!!

poppersparrots

Apr 19, 2012
walnutcreek ca
Parrots
none right now
I am starting back up in the hobby and am looking for a cage. l am thinking of building a cage because i can make it to my liking and save money. Now a days a good cage is so expensive and me being a kid it is hard to save up for a good one. So here is my question when i build this cage i want to wire it but i know that chicken wire has zinc on it that is toxic to the birds. so i was wondering if anyone knows good non toxic wire to build a cage with.
PLEASE HELP,

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I'm a huge do it yourselfer but bird cages are one of those things that really are cheaper to buy than build. There are so many specific materials that you can't use and wood is easily chewed to bits by most hookbills. What kind of bird will be in this cage? Even cages large enough for medium to large size birds can usually be found for under $300 if you look hard enough :)

OP
poppersparrots

poppersparrots

Apr 19, 2012
walnutcreek ca
Parrots
none right now
I am thinking of getting a pair of love birds. Thanks for the advise to i just went on craigslist and found some big cages for pretty cheap so this idea is busted thanks.

Most Reactions