Need help

Zohairg

Apr 22, 2015
In dubai
Parrots
Alexandrine
I have a indian ringnets 2 since 3 years now one of them start having sneezing and i went to pharmacy veterinary and he gave one poudre to mix it with water the bame of medicine is neo-terramycin and one vmd aminovit for my third parrot alexandrine so what u suggest me to do because i started to give them the antibiotic (neo......) is it good and he told to give them twice a day for 4 days ..
And for the vmd vitamine this one i bought it for my alexandrine he has almost i think 4 months because i feel that he doesnt drink much water and even sunflower too just maybe he plays to open and throw it so he told me tht is good for him if he doesnt eat much and drink too, but the big problem is hes making noise when he see me because everyday he doesnt eat only apple when i start to eat it and he eats too with me apple but sunflower i think he doesnt eat
Please any advice because i dont know what to do with my three parrots
( remarks: one of ky ringnets she was a female and now i see she transformed to male is it true that can happen? Im very surprised because i know the male has red ring in his neck and female doesnt have it but now the female start to have this red ring neck please can you explain me that if is true ):rainbow1:
Thanks and regards.

Zouhair

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I can't help you with the medicine you are giving your babies because I've never heard of it.

But I can tell you that NO, a Ringneck will NOT change gender/sex. :)

OP
Z

Zohairg

Apr 22, 2015
In dubai
Parrots
Alexandrine
What do u mean by u cant help me i told u that my alexandrine has 5 months and my 2 ringnecks has sneezing so i went to pharmacy of veterinary he gave me neo terramicyn for 5 days
And ky ringnecks im sure that she became male because the male has red ring in his neck and now she has that one so why should i lie to u if its true

OP
Z

Zohairg

Apr 22, 2015
In dubai
Parrots
Alexandrine
I know its strange but its true now she has red ring neck beleive me its true i will try to take a picture of her and i will show u

OP
Z

Zohairg

Apr 22, 2015
In dubai
Parrots
Alexandrine
Oh my god so what should i do now. Do u know any medicine i can give for sneezing
And for changing the female is with me since nce 3years not just a babe so i heard its reraly that can happen

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Truthfully, I think the only person prescribing medicine should be from a vet, this case, an AVIAN vet if you are able to locate on in your area.

There *might be a few people here who have tried natural remedies and hopefully they can chime in.

For now, I'd make their environment as clean as possible so their conditions won't worsen.

OP
Z

Zohairg

Apr 22, 2015
In dubai
Parrots
Alexandrine
Ok i see the prob im afraid about veterinary coz it happened for last time i havld grey parrot and i took after days he told me hes ok then he died in my house so thts i start dnt trust them much

inagabs

Apr 10, 2015
Let me preface this message by saying that i am not an avian vet and you really should have any bird you suspect is sick looked at by one regardless of a bad experience you may have had with one before.......
That being said i realize not everyone is going to take their bird to a vet and i would rather share some of my own experience than just let a bird that may be suffering go without any treatment at all....all that being said, if it was my fid and he/she was sneezing or sounded like it was having trouble breathing i would 1- provide it with an additional heat source to keep warm, wether that is a heat lamp from the pet store or something like that. And 2- i would increase the humidity around the bird as sometimes when they have clogged nostrils/nares the humidity can help them loosen whatever is causing it...... again this is just my experience and has helped my fids in the past but please do seek out an avian vet if you think your bird is really sick. Best of luck to you and your buddy.

inagabs

Apr 10, 2015
Also , it certainly wouldnt hurt and may actually help A LOT is to feed some papaya to him/her. Just dice some up into small cubes and offer it that way. I dont feed the seeds though, whatever anti bacterial/fungal chemical that papaya contains is most concentrated in the seeds. I know the seeds are safe for birds but still i feel like the flesh of papaya has more than enough of the chemical in it to help.
And try to get a ripe one. Ive heard people say the unripe ones actually are more potent than ripe ones but i have had birds who usually gobble papaya down with appropriate gusto then refuse a piece from one that wasnt quite there yet.

Last edited:

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
There are only a few animals/creatures that can change sex after birth.
Parrots are NOT one of those. So a bird that is born male stays male. Vice versa.

You need to take your bird to a vet. They are trained. You and I are not. Your grey unfortunately probably died because there was missing information or tests ($$) money not run. Sadly when birds get sick they go downhill fast.

Dewfield

May 10, 2015
Gallatin Tennessee, U.S.A.
Parrots
Mr.Man (Congo Grey/17 year old)
Sinbad (Senegal/ 40+ year old)
Dewey (Senegal/ 13 year old)
In my opinion, your bird needs to see a vet that has experience with Avians (birds)! You mentioned that you also had a grey that died. Was that bird having the same symptoms as the current bird. The reason I ask is that you may have something environmental going on. It's quite possible that something in your home or maybe even in the birds cage that is causing the respiratory ailments. Cleanliness is of utmost importance with birds. Their droppings contain pathogens that can become airborne as they dry up. This could certainly cause respiratory problems.
Another thing to consider is chemical exposure that you may not be aware of. Hair spray, anti-perspirant, furnature polish etc. all very bad to use around birds. I hope this helps you and your ailing feathered friend.
Dewfield

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Any new updates, Zouhair? How is your feathered friend doing?

Most Reactions