Need New Home

lng145

Oct 3, 2013
GA
Parrots
Cockatoo
I have an Umbrella cockatoo name Frenchie! I love my bird to death. As a newly wed, college graduate and recently promoted, my poor 'too is left alone all the time due to lots of travel and late hours. I am trying to find him a better home where he can have the love and attention he deserves. He has had one family.

Frenchie was purchased by my parents when I was 15. We got him back in 2001 when he was a baby. He chose me out of everyone in my family (family of 8). My mom kept him when I lived in apartments after high school. I took him once I moved in a house. I have read about these poor pets how they are passed around from owner to owner and would like to avoid that at all cost.

I simply want my 'too to be loved and cared for the way he was when I was a free spirit. There are some limitations due to our living situation. I don't have a big lot (.15 acres) so he doesn't get a lot of outside time (which he LOVES) since there are tons of children around me who do not understand boundaries (my husband is in insurance... this is for liability reasons). Plus my neighbors do not appreciate all of the noise (noise ordinance inside city limits :11:).

Please let me know if you would like more information or have any recommendations. I am willing to travel for the right home and would like someone who understands the responsibility that is being taken.

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It may help to include photos of Frenchie, what comes with him and what doesn't, vet records, include foods he eats, etc. Some may want to know price, if there is one.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
You also might want to add what type of cockatoo. Pictures would be great as Monica said.

OP
L

lng145

Oct 3, 2013
GA
Parrots
Cockatoo
It may help to include photos of Frenchie, what comes with him and what doesn't, vet records, include foods he eats, etc. Some may want to know price, if there is one.

I thank you for your information! I am working on gathering my pictures. I have video too. Having difficulty linking the pics though :mad:

Frenchie would include his toys, cage (34" W 43.5" H 23" D), perches, and dishes. I am not looking to sell him, just to find him a good home. He loves apples (red delicious & gala), grapes, baby food, pepperoni, Cheetos, rice, peanuts, fries, and fruit snacks.

Thank you for all interests!

Most Reactions