Need opinions. Male or female?

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
Why don't you buy both of them? I mean, it's your decision of course, but I promise you, two birds are more than twice as much fun as one! AND they entertain each other when you're a bit busy. Just sayin'... :)

I'd love to buy both, but we can't afford to buy both of them sadly.
The breeder is charging quite a lot for these birds.

I might be buying another in a couple of months though. ;)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on your new baby! I bet you can't wait:D I'll be curious if "he" is in fact a he... Something tells me though that "Skyler' is a male:)

OP
Frumpydumple

Frumpydumple

Apr 21, 2013
Durham, UK.
Parrots
My birds: Skyler/Sky, violet Indian Ringneck. Mother's birds: Norman, African Grey and Mildred, Blue Crowned Conure.
Congrats on your new baby! I bet you can't wait:D I'll be curious if "he" is in fact a he... Something tells me though that "Skyler' is a male:)

I'll let you know if he turns out to be male or not. :)

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Another way is a female ( sometimes) will generally drop down and squat some before pooping, males will slightly, though mostly not noticeable, lift a leg just before pooping.... however it's not a guarantee. But usually after even having them sexed, you'll witness the same thing.

Pippin has been sexed and is a boy, and he has always done the "drop and squat" before pooping.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Can anyone tell me if either of these Ringnecks look like a male?
Thanks.

Another way is a female ( sometimes) will generally drop down and squat some before pooping, males will slightly, though mostly not noticeable, lift a leg just before pooping.... however it's not a guarantee. But usually after even having them sexed, you'll witness the same thing.

The males also tend to 'miss the bowl' and hit a toy instead:54: (sorry, I couldn't help myself:09:).

Hmmm seems to be a characteristic then of all animals worldwide... :09:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
The males also tend to 'miss the bowl' and hit a toy instead:54: (sorry, I couldn't help myself:09:).

Guess moving the toys to a safer location might be prudent then...huh ? ? ?

Most Reactions

Latest posts