Need some recommendation on pellets :)

POD

Apr 15, 2009
Singapore
Parrots
CAG-Jingle, Goffin-Bella, Lovebird-Kiwe, YC Amazon-Loofy
Greeting peeps,

As my pellets are finishing in a months time, have a thought of switching brands of pellets.
My fids has been on zupreem fruit blend+spice for the past 5+yrs during noon time onwards. Some times will add in oats and bread too. They are on fresh fruits+veggie for breakfast.
Was thinking of switching to Harrison's(high potency or adult lifetime) or roundybush(no idea which).
Any of which will be better choice?

Many thanks in advice & wonderful weekend to all.

Cheerios! :grey:

KimKim

May 5, 2013
Parrots
CAG
I have been using Harrison's high potency from my grey, but I've been thinking about switching to Tops (totally organics pellets).

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I have heard people's greys do very well on both that was mentioned.

Julianna

Feb 4, 2013
Media
Olympia, WA
Parrots
Pippi, my white-bellied caique
I'm planning on switching Pippi to roudybush soon, as I've read it has the right mix of nutrients without too much sugar. Harrison's is also a good brand, though. Either is a great choice!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
If you compare labels, I would highly recommend TOPs and if you get a bag, you will even see they have a great smell. We tried Harrison for our smaller birds (conures and cockatiels) and no one would touch them, one of our avian vets said its a problem she has seen with Harrisons too, while its considered the brand to compare to, many birds won't eat it... and regardless how good it is supposed to be, if the bird won't eat them, doesn't matter. The cockatiels, conures and cockatoo all eat the TOPs, would definitely suggest trying them! I would check labels and compare the two side by side, might be surprised that TOPs seems to have less additives then Harrison, they don't have the long shelf life either, guess that goes to arguement for organic or healthy.

Just our two cents, I know its not popular to suggest Harrisons isn't the best :)

Jen

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Why not use both? That's what I do. Harrison's is quite a bit more expensive than Roudybush - but I like both products so I feed my birds a mixture of 2 parts Roudybush and 1 part Harrision's. It's going very well and in this way it makes the Harrison's a bit more reasonably priced and my birds have the benefit of a more varied diet. More precisely I use the Crumbles maintenance and the Harrison's High Potency. Makes a good balance.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
TOPS(totally organic pellets) and Harrison's are two of the best brands. I feed Harrison's as a staple, and use TOPS in cooked dishes(I buy crumbles for cooking & chop mix), as well as adding it to chop mix prior to freezing.

I also sometimes give a mixture of Harrison's and TOPS together as a dry pellet staple. The only pellet I give daily is Harrison's. Nothing wrong with TOPS, my birdies just don't like it as much.

OP
POD

POD

Apr 15, 2009
Singapore
Parrots
CAG-Jingle, Goffin-Bella, Lovebird-Kiwe, YC Amazon-Loofy
Thanks guys for sharing.
Yeah, I've had about this brand Top from some of my friends over the weekend too.
Considering this few brands.
Sad thing is that, my country do not have ready stock so I need to purchase online.

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
POD -

I do not know what the cost would be, but there is a store/site that ships internationally... hopefully its okay to post the link! mybirdstore.com

And they have an awesome selection of about anything you could want or need for your bird between pellets, bulk mixes and toys.

Have you checked out amazon or ebay also for listings to have supplies shipped?

Good luck!!

Jen

Most Reactions