Need your good thoughts/prayers - Parker is in trouble

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Great to hear that Parker is home...you are doing very well with the meds and it sounds as though you are handling the toweling very well...so glad to hear he is home

littleredhen77

Aug 30, 2015
maine
Parrots
cockatiel ((Jake))
eclectus ((ziggy))
omg i havent been on here in days..this is the first link i clicked and i was really really worried from reading the title! :'( im so glad your boy is ok and i hope he comes around fine with no residual issues! ill be thinking of you two and hoping everything turns out for the best..come on parker you can push out all that bad stuff! best of luck and sincerely wishing for a positive outcome!! :D

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
I'm so glad he is home.

I keep a few bottles of Toxiban in the house at all times because Logan is always getting into SOMETHING. SO terrifying 😟

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Boy he's rough. I'm pretty concerned. He just wants to sleep, won't eat much, is so weak, and his poop is an unhealthy shade of forest green. Doing what I can be he's definitely worse than when we brought him to the vets.

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
I definitely think you may want to at least call the vet back. However, could it be possible he feels yucky because of the mix of stress and the medication he's on? I mean we sometimes feel more like crap because of medication than what it's supposed to fix.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
I would check with the vet Chris and let him know how poorly Parker is and I would also send him the video you posted on the other thread...I think the vet needs to see that...I send my vet videos of Mr Biggles reaction to meds and also if hes unwell and we have to go in for a health check ...the video speaks a multitude to the vet as he sees the bird in their own environment and this can help in the diagnosis. Praying Parker will start to get stronger soon and get well soon

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yes, Aquila, let's hope he just crunched it!

The Rickedybird once grabbed an aspirin off the floor... I hadn't had aspirin in years... thinking a visitor must have dropped it. I suddenly just spotted it in his beak! Anyway, I chased that bird back and forth and finally got it away from him. Uncrunched.

Hang in there, Chris!!!!!!!

coopedup

Apr 8, 2016
CA
Parrots
7y/o eclectus Wrangler
Coming into this late in the day.....positive healing energy for both Parker AND you!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chris, I can't believe I missed this thread! I'm so glad that Parker's blood work came back good, but a worried how he is doing now? Is he looking any better since your last post?

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Thanks all, this support is really making the difference. We're seeing more progress, though progress in his case is measured in small baby steps rather than than big leaps and bounds. Poop isn't so watery, so I'm not as worried about hydration.

Strength is coming back a tiny bit more. he attempted to reach down into his water bowl to dunk a nut for the first time (he hasn't reached down for anything lately. Have to hand it to him). He didn't make it and I had to hold the water bowl for him, but the fact that he tried is huge. He's perching a bit stronger, moving a bit more confidently from hand to perch. But you do still see a wobble every now and then.

He's eating more, likely got a full crop for the first time in days. Got a bunch of beak grinds when it was over :) First time for that as well. Feeding is still an hour long process though. Corn by corn, noodle by noodle. But he's gulping them up.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Chris, that is great news! It truly sounds like he is making progress, due in no small part to the wonderful care you are giving him.

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Well Done Chris you are taking wonderful care of him Chris and he is responding by getting better ...keep it up Parker and get fully well soon

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So nice to see incremental progress. Before long Parker should be back to his lovable self!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Glad to hear Parker is making progress, Chris! It must be a relief to see him eating until his crop is full. Parker is so fortunate to have such a caring parront.

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Thank you Allee. My concern is he is plateauing right now. Stil always wanting to sleep, still not completely eating his fill (only filled his crop once). I can only imagine it means his throat/crop is still soar from his crop wash. But it's been a few days now. So I'm a little concerned. But at least he's eating something. That's the most important right now.

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Keep a close eye on him Chris, but if he's not getting worse again, he is still probably sore and upset from the medication.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

OP
chris-md

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

This has been a mental recovery for ME for sure. Frustration that the slow recovery doesn't make sense to me unless there is some sort of GI distress with the crop wash.

Oh so slight improvement today. He's leaning over for his food with more consistency. And a little more life coming from his stand: more beak grinds, some cooing sounds, and slight movement. I'm still distressed at his minimal food intake, but like before he is in fact eating SOMETHING off and on throughout the day. 2/3 less than his normal intake but its something. He just got pomegranates for the first time this season and he showed inclination to shred a bit with that along with eating it.

Boy I can't wait for this to be over.

Most Reactions

Latest posts