Neptune is lost

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I’m so so sorry. The emotions are so painful! Wish I could do something for you. Hoping for a miracle return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I am so sorry to hear this, Laura! I am keeping Neptune in my prayers. And you as well. Stay strong, my friend. And know that we are all behind you. Neptune is part of our community. Our extended family. And not one of us will give up on his safe return.

There have been a few members of PF whose birds flew out and were subsequently found. Some as quickly as a day later, another a month later, and one was even three months later. It does happen, so don't lose hope.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I am so sorry to hear about this!!! Thinking of the both of you and praying Neptune safe in a bubble of protection. Make your way home, Neptune! Your mom is very worried!

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Sorry, I hope you find him. This is my biggest fear.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Just checking in, Laura. I dearly hope finding Neptune is a community endeavor, keeping your mind busy with strategy.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I am horrified along with you! I lost JoJo for only a half hour, when he then flew from somewhere, onto my neighbor’s shoulder! I was a blubbering mess!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I finally got real with pictures fliers made. I spent the day posting them farther afield after I did the neighborhood search this morning...

Tomorrow I will search a neighborhood hood that is on the other side of a creek/ marsh. It’s a nicer neighborhood with no hawks and lots of burd feeders , it’s about a mile away I’ve done a couple of quick drive the before and posted my hand written fliers and talked to dig walkers. It’s a huge neighborhood skiing he creek / marsh wild area that separates us.

Any time of day you think searching is better???????

I’ve been out of the house searching for a week, my other parrots are suffering.... when I made a pit stop earlier Ta-dah broke out of her cage and scraped herself all up. She has also started pulling feathers out, she has never done this in 9 years if her life!!!! But this is her second best friend that she has lost , ( Burt The Burd passed away 2 years ago) and I haven’t been here for her......

Last night was bad I carried and every time I fell asleep I would jerk awake in a panic

I have met people who tell of parrots like cockatiel landing on them or parakeets and then they kept them....( granted I think this was before social media and cell phones) so many people who lost their bird long ago might be heartened to hear that they might have ended up in a new home and where loved....

A pet store near me has blue Quaker fir over a very large sum of moneys ! So I hope an honest person with a heart is the one to see him. Because he can scream very loud fir hours and I dint think a random person could take that, as we know parrots are not easy pets to have , and Quaker’s get passed around a lot because they are often extreme loud , people ask me if he talks and I say 1% of the time he talks 99% of the time he screams

It’s hard because I’m trying to convince people how much I love him and want him back, and to keep an eye out fir him and show pics. Then they say oh cute I’ve thought of getting a parrot so then I have to play ambassador, I guess I do a good job st that because then they are yuck the scream, they are messy and demanding and tear stuff up why would you put up with that????

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I would search at dawn and dusk for sure-- that is when they tend to be super vocal with other birds etc..flock calling etc.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Praying and hoping for you.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Thinking of you guys :(
I wish I could help!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I feel such deep pain, but there are no pain meds for a hurting heart

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thats right, more coming. Geri, Salty , Tinker and I all rooting for the blue bird! Even all the goldfish in our swimming pool/fish pond are gurgling for Neptune!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My neighbor has a 4 wheel he on it right now zooming around , big burn pile loud music all day hard to coax my baby back with all that mess going on behind my house..... I feel so hopeless
So it’s goid to get the prayers going’s

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Continued prayers for Neptune's safe return heading your way Laura. Wish there was more I could do for you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I'm so sorry you are going through this Laura, I cannot imagine the torment you must be feeling. Please come home Neptune, your mom needs you!!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Babygirl, don't listen to any of the haters or those who don't understand, okay? Just don't. WE UNDERSTAND. Stick with us. We aren't going ANYWHERE!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Did you tried Twitter, Craigslist, Instagram and Facebook? If you have an instagram, you could post his image with "lost- Florida" and ask friends to like it so it shows on their friend's feeds etc...

I am sure you have tried those already, but if not, just throwing things out there.

Are there a lot of wild quakers in the area? If so, you might find out where they hand out and see if you can find him that way.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Oh Laura I just saw this thread!!! I'm heart broken to read about Neppy being lost! As people have mentioned,these days with all the social media being around you have a lot better chance of someone seeing/finding Neptune! And I agree with Ms Gail..DO NOT listen to the haters! You have a huge caring/understanding family right here,pulling for you and Neptune. I too wish I lived closer,I'd be right out there with you looking for him. Huge Amazon and Cockatiel hugs from Amy and the Beebs for his safe return..and I'd smack your neighbor if I could for being such a jackass :mad::D

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts