Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.

Oh Dear... I am sorry sorry that you have to go through this..... **SOB**
I know this feeling well because I have been there.....
I hope your baby will come back to you soon like KISE did... with all the HELP the members here......

**Sending the love-red-feathers your way***

**HUGS***** **CHUUUUUUUUUUUU***

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh God! This is so heartbreaking! I can only imagine what you must be going through! I'm praying hard Neptune will come home safely.

All my prayers and hope and wishes for a happy homecoming!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Laura, still sending prayers that you are reunited with Neptune soon! You are doing everything you can, and I have faith that Neptune will be found.

Poor Ta-dah, she must be feeling his absence so strongly and it breaks my heart for her. Please don't be hard on yourself up about spending the time away from the rest of your flock while you're searching, you are doing what you have to and they will be okay.
Ta-dah is missing her friend, and I think she would be reacting the same way even if you were there with her 24/7. Please remember to take care of yourself as well.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thank you everyone
I got up early but nit early enough for me new search area, I git there around 8 am, but I did talk to a family that said they heard some odd bird sounds they think were a parrot earlier that morning. Then a lady came out and said she though she saw Neptune fly over her fence thus morning!
I went behind her house and in the other side of the rise was a house with lots of burd feeders and bird baths!!! And the house next door had a fountain and burd feeders

I walked around both places for a couple of hours then I had to go home and have a nap my legs giving me trouble from the MG
Met some more people and shared about my search and passed out my number. Came back in the afternoon and tried again
Will go back sunrise and see if I hear him, I had a dog walk couple say they hear what they thought was a parrot on the same spot yesterday
So I pray I’m zooming in on his location!!! Please all that is dear in this world let me find him!!
In two days in the 23 it will be his gotcha day of love to spend it spoiling him

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hoping beyond hope that it's him Laura and that you are reunited before Gotcha Day!!

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Hopeful news. Praying and praying for you and for him. May he come back to you safely and quickly now!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
So he might still be in the neighborhood. That is very good indeed. Hope its tomorrow you are reunited.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Encouraging developments, Laura! Sending you endless energy and good vibes, hope you are reunited with Neptune tomorrow!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That is very encouraging! More prayers heading your way and hopes that he finds his home to you soon. Don't give up, and stay strong for him, my friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
There are lots of monk parrots living in the wild here in Illinois, which is a terribly inhospitable place. No doubt Florida is much preferable for one. So the chances that Neptune is out there eating from those bird feeders and trying to find home, are very likely I'd say! This is hopeful news, keep looking, keep up your spirits, and bring our boy home!!
All my prayers for a happy ending!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
No luck yet.....
It’s very hard
I want to grieve, but I don’t want to give up hope......

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I'm so sorry you are going through this...will keep praying for you guys! Wish there was more I could do to help :(

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Haven't been on the forums in a while - don't give up hope, Laura. Keep looking and seeking. We're rooting for you and Neptune, and here for you.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Neptune is a smart little dude - I hope you find him soon. Hugs - please let us know what you need.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
C'mon Neppy! We need you to reunite with Mama more than she does right now!! Still sending "come home" vibes to you and Neptune,Laura girl. again,I wish Amy and BB and I could do more. :eek:

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Keeping you and Neptune in my thoughts and prayers! We're with you, Laura! Stay strong!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I’m sobbing till I can’t breath or see, I feel like I should regime all my birds be a I’m not a good enough bird mom. 2 years ago today I was driving home with my beautiful boy. Because if my illness I’m home 24 /7!we spent all of our time together all I can think is that he is dead, or he is alive but at any moment he could die, that 4th if July is coming up and he will be terrified or hurricane will come, or that Quaker’s are so social and he won’t have anybody to love on him

The world is so huge how do I find him
I’ve met all the walkers and porch sitters, I’m driving everybody crazy looking for him
My family has given me no kindness, they just say he isn’t coming back deal with it,
I feel so empty in my heart

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I cannot say whether you will find him again and I do not want to tell you things will be okay when I have no idea what will happen, but do not lose hope, if you can help it...This whole thing f*cking sucks and you are loved...(am I allowed to say that???)
I guess that is really all anyone can say (even though we all wish we could say and do more), because no one can feel it exactly like you do, although we know you are hurting and want so badly to help. You are a good person-- you are a good "parront", you really are.

I know it is harder to keep hoping , when that takes SO MUCH energy...and it is like a let-down every single day...but I guess I would just say that there are cases in which birds have been found weeks later. I cannot say with any certainty what will happen in this situation, but I am not really a praying person(at least not very often) these days..and I have honestly prayed for you to get him back and I hope it works??...DK if anyone takes my calls (lol) but hoping they do--maybe God will be like, "oh dang, haven't heard from her in a while, let's take that call!" HAHA.

I can't imagine what you are going through, but the part of me that can imagine it knows that it is hell...so I wish I could do more and I hope you have the strength to push through (regardless of the outcome)..no matter what--PLEASE, know that you are good and that your birds are lucky to have you.

I will continue to pray that you get him back. I don't think it's impossible at this point, but I understand why you feel so very sad. i would too...just know that you are not alone and that your efforts do matter.

Last edited:

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
I am so so sorry. Continuing to pray for you, and for Neptune's return.

Most Reactions

Latest posts