Never a dull moment...

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
...with Conure West in my house. Well, I guess more like my kitchen. After the dishes were done, Kyleigh (my B&G) was playing toys, and Conure West was hanging out with dad....This happened.

The sink had one more dish in it...but he just couldn't wait. He flaps from my shoulder to the sink and decided it was bath time.

Do all conures like baths like this? He expects at least one a day.

conurebath_zpsffjdnm2g.jpg

conurebath2_zpswhg3tpqm.jpg

conurebath3_zpskvh5trpt.jpg

Roanoke

Oct 30, 2014
Greenville, SC
Parrots
Teeko, GCC [Baby Amazon ETA: August 25th]
Yep, conures normally love baths. This has happened to me on more than one occasion, and I don't even wash dishes!

TacoNTiki

May 27, 2015
Calgary, AB, Canada
Parrots
Taco: female cinnamon pearl cockatiel - hatched: ~September 2013, Gotcha date: Nov 29th, 2013
Tiki: Male yellow-sided green cheek conure - hatched April 10th, 2015, Gotcha date May 24, 2015
Yes, I have read a lot of conures will just jump right into the sink for a bath. Our Tiki is semi afraid of water :11: which is uncommon I believe. He will splash in a sink of water for a second, literally. But, he has to hold on to my finger while doing it. This means I have to put my hand into the water and he will perch with one foot griping my finger and then splash for a second and quickly scoot back up my arm. We have had him 6 months ish now and he's still semi afraid. It's cute how he will be brave while holding mummy's hand though :07::07:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Obviously, he was not here for the conure "shower perch" story... :52:

Yeah, ALL of mine LOVED bathing and used to take showers with me every morning.

The bathing in the sink thing though, that is more my Red Fronted Macaw's thing.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I've read a lot about conures being "water babies", they love to splash around in the water. Skittles certainly does.

He will insist on baths as well. He'll sit on the faucet, ruffle his feathers and sneeze when he wants a bath. He does take it a bit too far though with his whole "three bears" method to water temp.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Not Charlie. He doesn't like the sink. Unless there's a frozen turkey in it! ;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSrbLjhpPog"]Bird meets Bird - YouTube[/ame]

He prefers bathing in his water dish. (as does Jayde)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEDT9_nheIY"]Charlie's Bath - YouTube[/ame]

My first conure wasn't very good at bathing..... but hey, at least he tried! ;)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1T925dZpU"]Noel's "bath" - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions