New baby Blue front amazon

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
Hi everyone!

After serious consideration my family and I decided to get a Blue front amazon. He/she still not ready yet so I will post pictures in 2 months! Please tell me your story of your amazons especially if you have a blue front. I would like to know more about this type of bird from your personal experience.

Thank You!

BtW we do not know the sex of the bird but if it is a girl we are thinking either summer, bella, or june

if male Toby, Yoshi, Cody

what do you guys think?

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I don't have a Blue Front but congratulations to you and your family!
Can't wait to see the pictures of the little guy, it's going to feel like forever but it'll be so worth it ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wow, now THAT was fast (the decision making that is). :eek: Did you decide on the BF over the Mexican Red Head or Red Lored because the BF was available?
http://www.parrotforums.com/general...ed-red-lored-amazon-alexandrine-parakeet.html

You never did say, what happened to your Blue & Gold?

Amazons are AMAZING birds when socialized properly. I'm certain BF guardians will tell you about their own personal experience with theirs. I know I'm quite fond of both my zons, and could never imagine my life without them. :)

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing photos of your new family member.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Congrats on your new bird. That was a very fast decision! Blue front are great birds, very pretty but they are one of the notorious "hot 3" amazons. That means (6 or so years down the line) they get a little more hormonal and have a bit of an attitude problem some of the smaller zon species (like the mexican redheads) don't have/don't have so bad. But thats years away and totally manageable anyways:)

My blue front was a rescue, which makes for a different experience initially, but he is truly a great bird now that he trusts us and is very well be haves in general. He does occasionally get a little 'feisty' and 'defiant' (which must be dealt with as it happens), but for the most part, he's quiet (for a parrot) and well behaved. He's also very intelligent and while social, able to entertain himself independently too. I think so long as you are a dedicate downer and keep on top of any 'attitude' issues as they come up, you will have a wonderful experience with your blue front. And being a baby, you don't have any past traumas, neglect or abuse to contend with, just a beautiful, trusting, loving little baby:D Look forward to seeing pics when you have some, and please, stick around the forum to learn and ask any questions you have. Quite a amazon following we have on here.

O, and I agree with Wendy, I couldn't imagine life without an amazon in it!

OP
I

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
Wow, now THAT was fast (the decision making that is). :eek: Did you decide on the BF over the Mexican Red Head or Red Lored because the BF was available?
http://www.parrotforums.com/general...ed-red-lored-amazon-alexandrine-parakeet.html

You never did say, what happened to your Blue & Gold?

Amazons are AMAZING birds when socialized properly. I'm certain BF guardians will tell you about their own personal experience with theirs. I know I'm quite fond of both my zons, and could never imagine my life without them. :)

We lost our B&G 3 years ago and we still have not been able to find her. We are still pretty sad over losing our baby. But we are not giving up and hope that she will come back to us.

As for the BG over the Mexican RH and Alexandrine, Yes I do agree that was a fast decision but we fell in love with the BG when we were browsing around the pet store. They had a Durbian, Yellow crowned amazon, and the BF amazon. All of them were beautiful but the BF stole our heart haha :green:

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hi everyone!

After serious consideration my family and I decided to get a Blue front amazon. He/she still not ready yet so I will post pictures in 2 months! Please tell me your story of your amazons especially if you have a blue front. I would like to know more about this type of bird from your personal experience.

Thank You!

BtW we do not know the sex of the bird but if it is a girl we are thinking either summer, bella, or june

if male Toby, Yoshi, Cody

what do you guys think?

You'll love the Blue fronts, they are quite an awesome parrot.....I have one, and wouldn't part with it If my life depended on it. We understand one another and is such a sweet bird, gets cranky sometimes, but all birds do.

Last edited:
OP
I

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
Toby/Bella is adorable!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awwww that is such a precious little baby! Now I totally see why you feel head over heels for him/her:D Baby blue fronts are about the cutest things you'll ever see (perhaps I'm a tad biased though:54:):green:. You must be so anxious for that little cutie to come home!

Skybird

May 2, 2015
NE Ohio
Parrots
Skylar -- CAG 10 yrs old
Reggie -- Amazon Blue Front 15 yrs old
Hi everyone!
Heres an update of our baby BF. We will know the sex of the baby hopefully next week. So we will if its a Toby or Bella soon! Heres some pictures of baby Toby/Bella from today's visit.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/itsjoyceduh2/IMG_5367.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/itsjoyceduh2/IMG_5366.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s504/itsjoyceduh2/IMG_5364.jpg

Such a beautiful baby and congrats.....love the names you have picked out. I recently adopted a BF he is approx 15 yrs. old and what a bird! My first BF, have an CAG also, Reggie the BF is such a love and yes there are some issues we are overcoming, but in the month that we have had him, we are bonding nicely. Good luck with your new baby!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Oh my!! He/she is so adorable! And TINY!!!:D When I got my Amy..didn't know what to call her,so "Amy" is just short for "AMYzon" lol she was just 16 weeks old. I had to hand feed her her "dinner" once a day for two weeks. The breeder said it would help with bonding. And he was right.
Amy is now 26 years old. When she saw her dinner bottle coming,it was just one of those yellow plastic mustard squeeze bottles,she made this "gaaa gaaaa gaaa" sound! So sweet!

She has her typical "amyzon" moods! I will admit that over the 26 years I HAVE been bit,and a couple times severely. But for the most part she is very sweet. She is not a screamer like 'zons can be. She prefers to talk,especially when little children are walking across my lawn and laughing,she will yell out just about every word she knows,and she has a very good vocabulary.
She knows when to use words or phrases too. I have one of those Amish Electric Fireplaces in my living room and the other night she walked by the glass front,saw herself and mumbled " Hi bird" lol.
Last night Jonesy was screeching very loudly and Amy yelled out SHUT UP!!
I wonder where she got THAT from?? :54:

I wasn't too keen on getting a "green" parrot,but when I saw my friends BF Apollo with his arms spread and tail out,I was in awe of the colors. BF should stand for "Beautiful Front"

She loves to have her head scritched,she likes laying on her back in my hand...bangs her toys..loves her bath time..ok that's enough! You will love a BF!! And Congrats :D

Jim

Last edited:
OP
I

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
Oh my!! He/she is so adorable! And TINY!!!:D When I got my Amy..didn't know what to call her,so "Amy" is just short for "AMYzon" lol she was just 16 weeks old. I had to hand feed her her "dinner" once a day for two weeks. The breeder said it would help with bonding. And he was right.
Amy is now 26 years old. When she saw her dinner bottle coming,it was just one of those yellow plastic mustard squeeze bottles,she made this "gaaa gaaaa gaaa" sound! So sweet!

She has her typical "amyzon" moods! I will admit that over the 26 years I HAVE been bit,and a couple times severely. But for the most part she is very sweet. She is not a screamer like 'zons can be. She prefers to talk,especially when little children are walking across my lawn and laughing,she will yell out just about every word she knows,and she has a very good vocabulary.
She knows when to use words or phrases too. I have one of those Amish Electric Fireplaces in my living room and the other night she walked by the glass front,saw herself and mumbled " Hi bird" lol.
Last night Jonesy was screeching very loudly and Amy yelled out SHUT UP!!
I wonder where she got THAT from?? :54:

I wasn't too keen on getting a "green" parrot,but when I saw my friends BF Apollo with his arms spread and tail out,I was in awe of the colors. BF should stand for "Beautiful Front"

She loves to have her head scritched,she likes laying on her back in my hand...bangs her toys..loves her bath time..ok that's enough! You will love a BF!! And Congrats :D

Jim

Thank You for sharing your story with us! I plan to harness train her in a few weeks so that she will get use to the harness and I will be able to take her out in the future ^___^ I read that it is a lot easier to get any birds use to the harness when they are a baby. I hope that because we are raising it as a baby he/she will be a sweet little one.

I am super excited for Toby/Bella to come home. I have to wait 2 months! Seems very long, but I am constantly visiting him/her twice a week on my days off ^__^ I even sketched a draft for my PVC Bird Gym project! Excited to start my project so that Topy/Bella will have a nice big play gym when he/she comes home hehehe

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
OH MY GOD. CUTEST BABY BIRD EVER!!! :3 Thanks for the adorable photos!!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
How sweet! Such an adorable baby! Congratulations! ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts