New baby tiel fell to the floor again... crying in pain holding up wing...

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Thats great little Coconut will be safe and you can relax and not be worrying about him getting injured...so glad it has worked out for you ...relax now and enjoy your birdies as you work :)
Almost forgot to say; Lovely pics ...so cute :)

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Thats great little Coconut will be safe and you can relax and not be worrying about him getting injured...so glad it has worked out for you ...relax now and enjoy your birdies as you work :)

Yes it's soooo much more relaxing in here for sure. I had to move the perches even lower because he is so clumsy he fell to bottom of cage floor. I don't remember Rascal ever being this clumsy when he was a baby! Poor little guy. I had to put perches very close together so he can very easily walk on them without falling or slipping!

He is so loveable! He loves to sit on my chest pressed against my neck under my chin and snuggle with me and falls asleep as I pet him. I know I keep repeating myself... but I just cannot get over how snuggly he is! Love him :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
OMG!!! That is horrible... that is VERY long time! :eek: :( ... but he doesn't need his flight feathers to be full length... just enough so he can glide safely.... so maybe it won't take that long... guess I will find out...

Remember that feathers don't grow out like hair. It's not that the cut feathers are going to grow back out, but rather that they are going to fall out completely and be replaced by new ones. So it's a matter of waiting for the next molt.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Tropical...just try and remember/understand that 'Nut is still very young and learning,and in new surroundings,and he is trying to figure what those "things" are on the side of him :03: wings? arms??? <as I call them lol>

My BB is trying to figure that out also. But he will sit on MY shoulder,and THEN wave his arms wildly,always smackin' me in the face :eek:

He does this also,when he is sitting on his roof top,just discovering stuff about his little body :p.

Amy and I,and The "Beeb" < not to be confused with that knucklehead from Canada :mad:> are relieved,just as much as you,and your new "family" are,that 'Nut is not injured.

And HATS OFF to you,on an awesome job on fixing up his new temporary room. Now take a deeeeeeepppp breath and RELAX! ;) :rolleyes: :p

Jim

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Tropical...just try and remember/understand that 'Nut is still very young and learning,and in new surroundings,and he is trying to figure what those "things" are on the side of him :03: wings? arms??? <as I call them lol>

My BB is trying to figure that out also. But he will sit on MY shoulder,and THEN wave his arms wildly,always smackin' me in the face :eek:

He does this also,when he is sitting on his roof top,just discovering stuff about his little body :p.

Amy and I,and The "Beeb" < not to be confused with that knucklehead from Canada :mad:> are relieved,just as much as you,and your new "family" are,that 'Nut is not injured.

And HATS OFF to you,on an awesome job on fixing up his new temporary room. Now take a deeeeeeepppp breath and RELAX! ;) :rolleyes: :p
Jim

Cute how you call him 'Nut ;)

I got the below pictured beach chair (that sits super low to the floor) because it was getting to be extremely uncomfortable to sit for log periods of time on the floor as I worked on my laptop... it has a back rest which makes all the difference. I can lean back into it and work as they play together... safely in the padded room hehe.

It is so funny how much they love running around on the soft fluffy padding. Coconut is also now 97 grams when I weighed him yesterday... I am relieved to see he is no longer dropping massive weight and is eating! I don't remember if I already mentioned this in this thread yet or not, my bad if I did. Luckily time flies... way too fast!!... he will have flight feathers sprouting before I know it. I will post when it starts to happen =)

Last edited:
OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
OMG, I can't sit on floor anymore and work it is horrendously uncomfortable after a while.... this beach chair I have now is cutting into my skin.

I have very small stool that is one foot off the ground I could sit on with tiny table... gotta try something else! I am very upset because of that stupid breeder going through all this! :(

EDIT: Sorry please disregard... I put thick lounge chair cushion into that beach chair and it is very comfy... no longer cutting into my skin etc. Coconut loves it too because he has much more room to sit now :D

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts