Feb 22, 2014
Melbourne australia
Parrots
Sun conures
Sunny 5 months old
Skittles almost 2
Bluey 2.5 years old
The general 2.3 years old
Hi I have just purchased a new 13 week old BFA female, I have owned 2 males in the passed never a female, the previous birds I owned I had to re home 1 as I couldn't care for because of work travel commitments and the other accidentally flew away a few months ago. So I'm thinking 3rd time lucky new life partner.

I just had a few questions about it though.
She is hand raised and harnessed trained yet when I was trying to get her to go from the carry case to her new cage it was a bit of a task as she was scared and wouldn't step out finally got her on my hand and into the cage doesn't bite and isn't scared of hands but is weary of me, I guess this is normal but my other 2 took to me straight away, is this something I should worry about? She was hand raised by a female also I am a male is this going to be a problem or is it just because it's her first day and is still a bit scared? I was able to get her to eat from my hand but that is all, am I going to fast? And expecting too much too early?
Thanks in advance.:green:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yes, too much, too early. If the parrot didnt 'chose' you, it may take some time for him to warm up to you. Treats are the key here, lots of them. Please read all the stickies on the amazon sub forum, several times, its gonna help you understand and enable you to take better care of this BFA.

Most Reactions

Latest posts