New Cage

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I just bought a new cage for Rosie Alexandra because the original one is on it's last legs (literally). I really puzzled over the cages pictured on may sites. Please look at the one I decided on and purchased and give me an honest opinion.

Thanks Much Everyone :grey:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Avian-Adventures-Mediana-Playtop-Bird/dp/B000AOACTU"]Amazon.com: Avian Adventures Mediana Playtop Bird Cage: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

Comments and suggestins welcome on intruducing her to a new cage.

Last edited:

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
Hi SB,

That is the exact cage I got Russell last month for his B-day, it has more than enough room for him to play, he can even flap his wings without hitting the sides. He loves it, he's still not too sure about the playtop but he's experimenting. Good choice.

April

natalie

Feb 8, 2010
Media
Albums
Upstate NY
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw & Cockatiel
I think it looks like a good cage. Bigger is always better when it comes to a bird, of course....but this one looks great!!
Sounds like it is nice and sturdy too. It should last a long time.

BlueToast

Oct 18, 2009
Media
South Jersey
Parrots
Severe Macaw
Very nice can i move in? i'm trying to think of a joke about a cage for a TAG that was bought on Amazon I'll check back when i have something.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
You did well my friend, that cage is so spacious. Love the playtop !!!
Sure Rosie Alexandra is going to enjoy it thoroughly.:grey:

Last edited:

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
My CAG, Willis T. lives in an Avian Adventures cage, I think they are the best available. His is a SS Dome Top I bought used for $75.00, the best deal I ever made. You made the right choice, good luck.

OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Thanks everyone for your opinions on this cage. They are encouraging to say the least. Will you sure did get a bargin.
I only hope I can put it together correctly. I also read about the slow introcuction of a new cage. Put the new and old together for a while so it is gradual. I want a new home too!! Mine leaked so much from the 2 winter blizzards we had here in Maryland.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks everyone for your opinions on this cage. They are encouraging to say the least. Will you sure did get a bargin.
I only hope I can put it together correctly. I also read about the slow introcuction of a new cage. Put the new and old together for a while so it is gradual. I want a new home too!! Mine leaked so much from the 2 winter blizzards we had here in Maryland.

Those winter blizzard's must be dreadful, wish I could help out.
Praying it dries out quickly.

You can always move in with us here in South Africa, sure Rosie and Mishka would love be be feathered buddy's.
Imagine how much more we would chat LoL
OR
Build the new cage onto the old cage, and you can move in with Rosie Alexandra !!!!

Hope it all goes according to plan.

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Willis T. has had 4 cages in his life, I just moved him in with all his old toys and he was fine. No adjustment period was ever needed.

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
Hey SB, just wondering how Rosie adjusted to her new cage.

Weird how we think of other peoples birds that we don't even know (how did Rosie like her cage, what silly thing did Mishka say today, how's Hugo today.... etc.)

Last edited:

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
I think it's a fair size, and just look at the playtop!

Hope she likes it, good luck!

Last edited:
OP
Spiritbird

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Hey Wuv thanks for thinking of us. Very nice. The cage went together so well I could not believe it. If anyone is considering a new cage I would highly reccommend Avain Adventure. She loved the cage right way and had no issues of being afraid. For such a large cage it is very easily cleaned. Now I am thinking of moving and the real test comes when one must move such a large cage although it does go together so well I guess the same can be said for taking apart. Thanks again............

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hey SB, just wondering how Rosie adjusted to her new cage.

Weird how we think of other peoples birds that we don't even know (how did Rosie like her cage, what silly thing did Mishka say today, how's Hugo today.... etc.)

I reckon we are a big happy family sharing all our birdie stories etc...
When sitting with Mishka I often wonder, what is Rosie doing right now, is Russell still laughing so much, Is Hugo hanging upside down.

Imagine how boring our lives would be without our feathered friends :grey:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Very nice can i move in? :eek:

LoL my two teens sons are always teasing me saying Mishka's cage is bigger than their bedroom haha

:grey:

Hey BlueToast..... you may move in.... ONLY IF....

you are potty trained :eek:
you eat pellets, nuts and fresh fruit & veggies :eek:
you talk nonstop :eek:
you must be familiar with parrot language :eek:
you must be loving and entertaining :eek:

Please forward you resume... only if the above recommendations are met.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
so true.... it is just killing me to be away from my babies right now. I'm counting down the days till i get to see them again!!! good news is when i go back i won't ever have to leave them for this long again. I'm going to post sooo many pictures ya'll are going to get sick of it lol. Only 62 long more days to go.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hey Wuv thanks for thinking of us. Very nice. The cage went together so well I could not believe it. If anyone is considering a new cage I would highly reccommend Avain Adventure. She loved the cage right way and had no issues of being afraid. For such a large cage it is very easily cleaned. Now I am thinking of moving and the real test comes when one must move such a large cage although it does go together so well I guess the same can be said for taking apart. Thanks again............

SB sent me beautiful pic's of Rosie in her new cage, it is awesome. :D
Rosie must think she is in a bird's haven now. ;)
So many toys, keeps herself entertained and lots to stimulate her. :cool:
Well done SB, you have set a good example, how a bird's cage should be. :63:

Most Reactions