New camera--Gilbert test pics!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I got an early birthday gift of a new camera and who is an AWESOME little subject?? Gilbert of course. Anyhow I put a few interesting fisheye lens pics of Gil in his set on Flickr. :) I love a couple of them.....and there is a flying pic that I swear reminds me of the movie Paulie.
Gilbert Oliver - a set on Flickr

By the way, on the 26th, I was going to update this set with "A Year of Gilbert" memories, but as I looked back at our year together, I couldn't hold back the flood of tears. I'm a big ol' sap! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bird!!!!

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Those are awesome! :heart: :heart:

this is my favorite

9991199395_457d7776dd_c.jpg

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Gilbert is a great looking blue crown. Very nice pics!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your pictures of Gilbert. I really enjoyed looking at your first year with him and how beautiful and well socialized he is. Looking at your pictures really brought me back when I had my Noble macaw Mihijo. He was my first larger parrot and he was a one in a million parrot. Best companion ever!

I know you will have many wonderful years with Gilbert. Your pictures warmed my heart and I can feel a tear in my left eye as they are bittersweet for me to see. I have so many pictures of Mihijo over the years they are on a few older media platforms and on two different hard drives of older systems. I had him for almost 18 years so his pictures are pretty scattered.

Here is one I dug up and put on my photobucket account a LONG time ago. Mihijo was having the Noble Macaw Dream Moment here.
MiHijo3-1.jpg

Sometimes I think I should went ahead and got a BCC. They make such wonderful companions and really enjoy people.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Those photos are amazing!!! :)

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I got an early birthday gift of a new camera and who is an AWESOME little subject?? Gilbert of course. Anyhow I put a few interesting fisheye lens pics of Gil in his set on Flickr. :) I love a couple of them.....and there is a flying pic that I swear reminds me of the movie Paulie.

By the way, on the 26th, I was going to update this set with "A Year of Gilbert" memories, but as I looked back at our year together, I couldn't hold back the flood of tears. I'm a big ol' sap! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bird!!!!

Loved you photos. BTW what kind of stand are you using in the picture of him eating the carrot, like thrid row from the bottom? Is one of those Polly perches I've seen that have the rough perch to keep the nails trim? If it is I was wondering how that is on his feet? I want to get one but don't care for the roughness.

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary

Loved you photos. BTW what kind of stand are you using in the picture of him eating the carrot, like thrid row from the bottom? Is one of those Polly perches I've seen that have the rough perch to keep the nails trim? If it is I was wondering how that is on his feet? I want to get one but don't care for the roughness.

I can't quite remember the name if that perch because I bought it about ten years ago for Georgie from Drs Foster and Smith. It may be Polly Perch. The perch itself is rough but it is normally just his eating perch. He has a t-stand with a wood perch and ideally I want to get him a java stand too. But it doesn't bother his feet anyhow and he rubs his beak on it with no issue. (I just have to use a little more scrubbing to get it clean after a meal).

Acindo

Sep 15, 2013
Sydney
Parrots
Kylar - DOB: 5th of July 2013
Those are some absolutely beautiful photos! Nice work. Lovely bird :)

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
SoCalWendy-I just came downstairs and checked and the perch is definitely a Pollys perch.

Noblemacaw--I think the BCC and the "mini-macaws" definitely have the same fan base! There are times I thought 'maybe I should have brought home a noble or hahns?' but I had my heart set on another conure really, and I am lucky with Gilbert being so sweet and good-natured.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Awwww!! Such wonderful pictures!

I can see the love you have for Gilbert...and Gilbert for you. Don't worry, you aren't alone...I'm a big ole sap with all my pets too :D

How did you like the movie Life with Alex? I read the book but didn't know there was a film out.

Anyway...thanks for sharing your pictures. They are wonderful!

Toni

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
I enjoyed Life With Alex. Irene Pepperberg's research always interested me and there is some footage of Alex I hadn't seen before. If you are a 'fan' of Alex, you probably already know most of the information on the dvd but it was fun to watch.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Love all your pictures of Gilbert!!!!! Congrats on his first hatch day!!!! :)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Wonderful Pictures !! You can see you truly love him :) I like the one where hes looking in the mirror.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
what wonderful pictures!! you sure can see how he loves being with you.
I thought the picture of him at the t.v. was very funny

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Took some fall Gilbert pics this afternoon. It was actually warm enough that he got to go for a walk around town and when we got back, I let him play in the yard a while. Decided it was a good time to get some fall foliage photos of him too.
I put a few of my favorites on my flickr Flickr: Buddingtwigs' Photostream

This particular shot just makes me laugh for some reason. I guess it's the look on his face.
996640_10151962438999707_1365768043_n.jpg

Most Reactions