New camera so I tested it on Cal lol

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I always post poor quality pictures and I have been trying to locate a new charger for my camera for a while without success. So I bought a new one last night. Cal loves to have her picture taken so she was my subject! I hope you enjoy them :D

The last picture I was very proud.....usually you have to wave at Cal and say "hi Cal" for her to wave back, but it must be both. Obviously, I had both hands full and just used the verbal part....what dya know! <3

von1983-albums-calypso-picture1381-im-so-sweet.jpg

von1983-albums-calypso-picture1382-cal-cod.jpg

Call of Duty Black ops lol

von1983-albums-calypso-picture1384-hi-cal.jpg

Amazing what you can be lucky enough to capture!

Next on my list is a decent video :D

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Thanks Sharon, me too!

I tried last night but it's sort of offputting with your darling husband and his friend screaming at eachother down their Xbox headsets....DIE DIE DIE!!!! OOOOH YEAH! HEADSHOT! OOOHHHH NO MATE, I THINK NOT, GOTCHA!!!! etc etc hahaha!

Aussie Ben

Jun 8, 2010
Media
South Australia
beautiful pics of Cal, she clearly knows what a camera is :)

I tried last night but it's sort of offputting with your darling husband and his friend screaming at eachother down their Xbox headsets....DIE DIE DIE!!!! OOOOH YEAH! HEADSHOT! OOOHHHH NO MATE, I THINK NOT, GOTCHA!!!! etc etc hahaha!

Ah, so HE'S the one thats been making all that noise on Black Ops :p. Being a guy, I can understand his addiction (I'm a PC guy myself though), cut him some slack lol ;)

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hahaha! Him AND me Ben, truth be told.....

Do you play on xbox at all?

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
ahhhh shame! We could have "partied" and shouted at eachother </3

Although, between Dave, Arnold and Jack....noone gets a word in ;)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Von those pictures are too beautiful OMG Cal is one hell of a good looking girl
I am debating whether I should show Mishka....next thing he will say I want to go visit Cal haha
Well done with the new camera you turning into a pro already

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
ahhhh shame! We could have "partied" and shouted at eachother </3

Although, between Dave, Arnold and Jack....noone gets a word in ;)

lol, i'll JUST have to get myself an xbox ;)

Cal hasn't taken up the addiction yet?

LOL Ben....lets just say that Daddy had to teach her quick smart that if she stands on the thumb that controls the left hand analog stick, Daddies little man on the TV falls down :D:D:D:D:D hahaha! It was so funny watching him teach her "manners" in this arena while trying not to get dismayed about his online points!!!! Now she just sits quietly on his shoulder and makes him squeal with a good old ear grooming!!!!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Mishka and Aunty Ant would always be welcome to visit!!! :D hahaha

I really like this camera, it is very simple and the microphone is wonderful. I will be trying to video later!

She is due a claw clipping and I am ummming and ahhhing whether to enquire about DNA at the same time....eeeep!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
You could not have a better subject for a photo with new camera. Cal is so handsome with all the colors. He looks like a Rainbow! Good job.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Thanks Di!

I find it so funny you always call Cal a "he".....you ALWAYS make me wonder if we have it wrong with our "she" guess :D:D:D:D

I think with the recent DNA results of Mishka and Angel that we would probably find Cal is a HE hahaha.....

I will discuss with the AV about the DNA.......it's quite nerve wracking, really!!!!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Oh dear!

I took a video of Cal today and then a man wanted to use the net access. I asked him to leave the vid uploading (duh me, did it in high res lol) and he shut it down lol!

I will post it tomorrow.....

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJzDsJv6LIM"]YouTube - Cally being Cally![/ame]

Phew, there we go! :D

She's so busy I have trouble keeping up sometimes....she'd make you dizzy, honestly!

Oh and Ant....remember I told you about that rather suspect cement perch.....? *cough* :D xxxx

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
Such a cutie! Make sure she doesn't learn any naughty words from hubby playing Call of Duty! haha

Iago

Nov 8, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Petrie ~ Green Cheek Conure
Iago! ~ Sun Conure - RIP 11/20/2021
I love black ops! I don't know about iago tho, he would rather have me pay attention to him haha

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Von, it looked like so much fun, I went and bought myself a new cell phone that has HD video in it so I can post cool videos of Bitty acting funny! Thanks for inspiring me. I have had my current cell-phone for 10 years...it has earned its retirement, believe me.

Cal's pics and videos are fantastic. Man, she is one beautiful bird.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Nofear, these fids of ours.....you just can't help but want to capture every detail as clearly as possible!

I knew I had to upgrade from my mobile phone....it was only 2 pixels and my girl will soon be all yellow. These times are precious! So glad I got my butt into gear with getting a decent camera!

Most Reactions

Latest posts