New Conure on Board! (Videos)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
1 Adorable Green Cheek Conure Named Baby
Since we're new here I thought I'd introduce Baby, (our GCC) to the conure community. :) I personally enjoy looking at photos and videos, so I've included a link to a few videos of our little snuggle bug below. I hope you all enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8bSN8F80s]YouTube - ‪Baby's First Tricks - Conure‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6EEpnqR8y0]YouTube - ‪Cuddly Green Cheek Conure‬‏[/ame]

Miriam

Feb 1, 2011
New York
Parrots
Buddy our Quaker parrot and Daisy our Cockatiel and Saphira our Eclectus!
Awww he's adorable...you did a great job!

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Awww he's adorable...you did a great job!

Thanks Miriam. I'm certain you too, will be finding yourself taking a million photos and videos of your newest addition. And I can't wait to see them!

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
I caught him fanning out his tail feathers today!

Attachments

• IMG_2475.jpg
    IMG_2475.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 293

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Hahaha wow that video made me laugh :)

Those tricks are great, I really need to spend some time with Loco training him some more.

The little claw lifty wing thing at the end "goodbye" is funny, my Loco does that too!

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
Aww wow he's only 2 months old and he already knows so many tricks and words!! I'm getting my sun conure soon and the breeders says she's "starting to mimic words" lol :D. What a smart little baby you have!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I enjoyed that video immensely, you made it such fun too much - well done and thanks a lot! :D

Baby is one cute boy and oh so clever - you are doing an outstanding job!:D

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Aww wow he's only 2 months old and he already knows so many tricks and words!! I'm getting my sun conure soon and the breeders says she's "starting to mimic words" lol :D. What a smart little baby you have!

such an exciting time for your and your new sun! We didn't expect Baby to talk but were ecstatic when we heard him murmur his first words. At first we thought we were just hearing things, but it quickly became clearer over time. He's such a smart boy! Best of luck with your new conure and it's going to be quite exciting discovering the words and phrases they'll soon pick up.

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Hahaha wow that video made me laugh :)

Those tricks are great, I really need to spend some time with Loco training him some more.

The little claw lifty wing thing at the end "goodbye" is funny, my Loco does that too!

I'd love to see a video of your Loco! Do you have any posted?

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
I enjoyed that video immensely, you made it such fun too much - well done and thanks a lot! :D

Baby is one cute boy and oh so clever - you are doing an outstanding job!:D

Thanks wildheart! I'm tempted to make another one, simply because of comments like yours. :) Thanks so much for the positive feedback.

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I was inspired by your video so I decide to try and teach Loco "turn around". He picked it up in less than 20 minutes over two nights. I'm amazed. I've had dogs my whole life and it was quicker to teach Loco than it was to teach a dog to sit :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as7OVBxi484"]YouTube - ‪Loco's new trick‬‏[/ame]

There is some more video's there too.

I'm going to try the pick up one now, that looks more tricky. Not sure how to approach that. Any tips?

OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
I was inspired by your video so I decide to try and teach Loco "turn around". He picked it up in less than 20 minutes over two nights. I'm amazed. I've had dogs my whole life and it was quicker to teach Loco than it was to teach a dog to sit :)

There is some more video's there too.

I'm going to try the pick up one now, that looks more tricky. Not sure how to approach that. Any tips?

Loco is such a quick learner! I'd love to see more videos of him.
As for tips regarding the pick up clip trick, that took us a few days but it was so exciting to see his progress. That trick was broken down in a few steps. First, I rewarded him for solely picking up the clip. This part doesn't take much training. The next step was to reward him every time he picked up and carried the clip some distance. Lastly, I'd hold his treat next to the basket/bowl and tap the basket. This part took the longest for him to understand, but after 1-2 hours he got it! Good luck! I hope to see this on video soon. :)

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
That's great! Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to post more video's as we go :)

Some more video's in case you didn't' see them too..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7WdXkWBcTs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2v_c8_O4gs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7HvTB9zu4I[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
Baby

Baby

Feb 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
That's great! Thanks for the tips. I'll be sure to post more video's as we go :)

Some more video's in case you didn't' see them too..

These videos are fantastic!! LOL!!! I loved the great escape! hahahahaha! In the beginning, it looks as if he was scouting out the scene to see if anyone would spot him escaping!

Post these videos on the forum below too, I'm sure everyone would love to see them!

All Video's - Birds Talking - Playing - Singing - Acting

Aloha071687

Jul 25, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Parrots
Soon to own a GCC :)
Aww Baby is TOO adorable! We're hoping to get a Green Cheek this September, and seeing this makes me even more excited! We had our sights on a Senegal or Red Bellied, but I fell in love with a GCC at the Pet Store, and now I have to have one :)

How are they for noise?

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Adz, the first one scares me O_O
Happen to know the bar spacing on that cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts