New eclectus owner soon

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)
View attachment 17831
This is my wife Tracy and scarlett
And again a sideways pic..

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Scarlett is nearly camouflaged against that wall :) And Traceys pretty top looks like Scarletts colour too! She looks like shes fitting in well literally :D

OP
S

swh822

Oct 24, 2016
IMG_4014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

swh822

Oct 24, 2016
Dinner time with Scarlett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Violet_Diva

Aug 30, 2016
Media
Albums
Norfolk (England)
Parrots
Bella (Vosmaeri Eclectus Female) + Dexter (Red Sided Eclectus Male) + Gerry (Vosmaeri Eclectus Male)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Just catching up on this thread! Welcome to the Parrot Forums family!

Love the pics of Scarlett with your family! Looks like she's settling in nicely. You've already gotten some great advice, especially from Violet_Diva, so just let us know if you have any questions. And please keep the updates coming!

OP
S

swh822

Oct 24, 2016
Scarlett loves taking a shower , next time I'll get a pic of her actually in the shower she loves it..
Maybe I'll even get the pic to load the right way at some point..
e36621215884c814a60d85e53f06c78e.jpg

Last edited:

coopedup

Apr 8, 2016
CA
Parrots
7y/o eclectus Wrangler
umm...the food isnt exactly the best diet for her but you could use it for treats. Lots of links on here about chop (chopped fresh food). Essentially a fresh fruit and veggie diet is best for her. Limit seeds and pellets. Pasta and cereal are good emergency go-to's when you're pressed for time, or a bran muffin--but they arent diet mainstays. Dont get overwhelmed by some of the chop recipes, keep it simple to start, add things as you find out what she likes. My current chop is Spinach, chayote (squash) carrot, serrano/jalapeno peppers and quinoa....maybe a few other things thrown in. I can add leftover veggies/pasta to give some variety to it. Its important to read up on things they shouldnt eat (onion/garlic/avacado) and also identify common household "poisons" ...ie: teflon anything, synthetic scents (candles, air fresheners, etc) Welcome to the board, and life with an ekkie :D

OP
S

swh822

Oct 24, 2016
umm...the food isnt exactly the best diet for her but you could use it for treats. Lots of links on here about chop (chopped fresh food). Essentially a fresh fruit and veggie diet is best for her. Limit seeds and pellets. Pasta and cereal are good emergency go-to's when you're pressed for time, or a bran muffin--but they arent diet mainstays. Dont get overwhelmed by some of the chop recipes, keep it simple to start, add things as you find out what she likes. My current chop is Spinach, chayote (squash) carrot, serrano/jalapeno peppers and quinoa....maybe a few other things thrown in. I can add leftover veggies/pasta to give some variety to it. Its important to read up on things they shouldnt eat (onion/garlic/avacado) and also identify common household "poisons" ...ie: teflon anything, synthetic scents (candles, air fresheners, etc) Welcome to the board, and life with an ekkie :D
We got her off of that mix already, she only gets a little bit now from time to time for a treat..

OP
S

swh822

Oct 24, 2016
fcec39148250e0ed0dc9ad1aaf5a5cd5.jpg

ebf46fcecd80b8565e8b2b9463e083f2.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions