Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sooo..Reg picked up the finch cage today, and it is in great shape. Only thing is, we noticed tonight that the tray pulls out from the back of the cage:( What is up with that? So now we will need to pull it out into the middle of the room to clean it.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Yeah, still a great deal, but I have a feeling you may have to remind me of that as I drag that huge thing across the floor several times a week..lol

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Only thing is, we noticed tonight that the tray pulls out from the back of the cage:( What is up with that?

I saw that once before, turns out all we had to do was take it apart and put the bottom back 180 degrees around (they put the bottom of the cage backwards when they assembled it)

Any chance that's what your lookin at?
If so you may be able to take it apart and turn the bottom 180 degrees around to face the proper direction !!

Let me know (fingers crossed for you)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
There's room for a tree and a walk in shower and possibly a theatre room!! They will love it!!!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
@ Joe, I wish it were that simple. It is a corner cage, and the tray is all one piece and will only come out of the back. The front has 3 different smaller sides, if that makes sense. But we are going to put it in the living room, where the hard wood should make it easier to move:)

Last edited by a moderator:

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
@ Joe, I wish it were that simple. It is a corner cage, and the tray is all one piece and will only come out of the back. The front has 3 different smaller sides, if that makes sense. But we are going to put it in the living room, where the heard wood should make it easier to move:)

Duh, I forgot that, are the wheels real smooth (turns easy)
Cause they can be replaced

Sorry :(

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for the tip, Joe! I am going to try it tomorrow with my parakeet's cage. I'm almost certain that's been the problem all along. Assembly error on my part.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
I saw that once before, turns out all we had to do was take it apart and put the bottom back 180 degrees around (they put the bottom of the cage backwards when they assembled it)

This is the info I was thanking you for! The wheels on my keet's cage are fine. The day I assembled their cage for the first time, I attached the bottom with the tray backwards. I've been pulling the cage out to the middle if the room daily to remove the tray. Lol. If I hadn't read your post I'm not sure I would have ever figured it out. Duh. Meri and Pippin send their thanks.

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Parrots
This is the info I was thanking you for! The wheels on my keet's cage are fine. The day I assembled their cage for the first time, I attached the bottom with the tray backwards. I've been pulling the cage out to the middle if the room daily to remove the tray. Lol. If I hadn't read your post I'm not sure I would have ever figured it out. Duh. Meri and Pippin send their thanks.

So GLAD you won't have to do that anymore !!!

Joe

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hi MrsKay, it is still not set up:( We are converting an unfinished room so we can move all the small birds there and decided to wait til that is done. We are getting ready to drywall so hopefully it will be soon! Thank you for asking:)

Most Reactions