New Foraging Toys! Lots of pics. :)

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Oh what GREAT photos, Allee, and what AWESOME toy creations by Shirre!! :D

The look on Zeke's face is priceless! I'm laughing so hard over here.

Thank you, Wendy! They are AWESOME toys! Sweet Pea is a little clumsy, she sits in her swing and gets so excited chewing the toys that she falls off the swing. She doesn't have far to fall so it works out.

Everyone looks so happy with their new toys! I really like the one for the budgies. What a fun looking, colorful toy:)

Thanks April, I was complaining to Shirre about the selection of chew toys for budgie beaks so she created that one. It's perfect for the dome top cage because it attaches to the side. My birds think Shirre rocks. I agree.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Aww! You're too kind, Allee :) I'm really happy they all like their goodies- have Piper and Twinkle done much shredding on their toy? Has anyone started stripping bark?

LOL!! Oh poor Sweet Pea- she falls off her swing?! Silly girl [emoji23]

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Fantastic !!!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Piper and Twinkle went after the toy immediately, I put a perch on both sides of it. But today they discovered the apple wood perch and they went a little nuts trying to strip bark. Lol, I haven't seen any bark that's been stripped yet, but they sure are working hard. Apple wood must be really tasty.

There's a perch about three inches below Sweet Pea's swing, she gets the swing moving, loses her balance, lands on the perch and climbs back up, then she beats the daylights out of the swing. She hasn't even looked at the coconut toy yet.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
I think a lot of us make our own toys out of self defense, it does get expensive. I had a guy actually tell me he had stopped buying toys for his parrot because the parrot just tore them apart. Well yeah, that's what they do.

One of my quakers was a serious plucker when I got her and she needs to play with toys, but she's a stubborn girl. I'm hoping Shirre's designs will encourage her to play and have fun.

I know Greys are serious chewers, I didn't know Senegals were. What kind of toys does your Senegal like? Buzz saws and paper shredders, that's a good description. Poppy does both, she goes through wood fast, and she loves newspaper, the more, the merrier.

Greys are curiosity seekers, They actually play with toys, then chew them...Senegals are seek and destroy...lol...You leave a Senegal on a cloth chair, and come back....you just might find your chair threaded. My Senegal would love to go outside and sit with us on the picnic table, the picnic table used to be rectangle....Not any more...the Lil's buzz saw carpenter made it Oval shaped....They need a lot of wooden toys to chew up. I mean a lot !!! And it doesn't take long at all for that little termite to buzz through wood...LOL

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Harry's new toys have been on the top of her cage in observance of the required, three day quaker rule. And before it could be put inside Harry's cage, Poppy had to inspect it to be sure it's an appropriate toy for her friend.

Right, I get it, it's Harry's! I just have to check this one thing. Is that an almond?

Harry's pine cone Christmas tree

Harry escaping through the food door

Okay, I'll let it stay for now

Flowers for Harry

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh I'm glad Piper and Twinkle are enjoying their goodies! :) my budgies love stripping the bark off their apple wood perch lol

HAHAHHA!!! Sweet Pea sounds like she has a love/hate relationship with her new swing- I'm glad she's having fun though!

Ooooo!!! I've been waiting for Miss Harry's pictures!! Is Poppy showing her where the goodies are in her flower bouquet? Lol "I'm the official toy-tester!!"

Harry looks pretty skeptical about her Christmas tree lol

Has Zeke played with his coconut toy yet?

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
Poppy thinks every new toy belongs to her!

Sweet Pea got brave enough to play with her coconut toy today. She's having trouble choosing. Zeke was playing with his coconut toy today, not chewing but knocking it around and holding it with his foot.

Harry is super skeptical about everything. It was real progress just getting the toys inside the cage with her.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love that Christmas tree! ...and what Poppy is saying as she's examining Harry's new toy LOL!!

djdancer

Jan 7, 2013
Allie how did you make the one that says "And finally, a budgie friendly chew toy for tiny beaks."? I'd really like to make one. Was it very costly? Also, is that loofah sponge in the with the toys?
Thank you!

Most Reactions