New forum member with Abby the Cockatoo

windanshe

Apr 12, 2013
Hey, seeking information on cockatoo 7 years old that laid an egg, and now wants to do nothing but brood. does any body know how long this will go on.
she does not really care to eat or drink I have to feed her and give her water under her makeshift blanket cave. She has picked a few toys to share in her little hide away, spreading her wings over the group. looks up at me and makes faces at me when I pick up the blanket.:white1:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Most 'toos will set their eggs 28-30 days.....

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am sure some of the too owners will be here to help:)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
You are acting like a good male cockatoo! Albiet, a funny looking one at that...

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you with your Too brooding, I have no experience with them or brooding parrots. Hope all goes well with the *expectant* Mom.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your Too! I don't have experience with Too's or brooding, but I'm sure someone here can help you out.

Most Reactions