New from CT

Bdejong

Apr 7, 2010
CT
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Hi everyone.

I decided to join this forum in hopes to get a little support.

My dad has had a yellow naped amazon parrot for the past 42 years. Recently (in the past week) he has become sick. His left lag is lame and we have found out there is a mass on his kidney. This bird is in fact my best friend and I just really wanted a little support from people who know what it is like to have a special bond with a bird.

I hope this doesn't bring any one down but I just need a little support.

Thank you.

Bridget

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about the 'zon, what's his name?

I couldn't imagine what I'd do if anything happened to Auggie.

I assume he's been seeing a good vet? What are the vet's thoughts?

OP
Bdejong

Bdejong

Apr 7, 2010
CT
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
His name is Dog. Such an odd name. They don't know what it is at all. He is at Tuffs in MA. It is pretty good. We will know more Thursday or Friday. There is a chance it is a cyist and we can do something about that.

Pretty much a wreck with stress.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Welcome to the forums, pleased to meet you and your little boy. Have a look around!

So sorry about Dog, I hope that he gets better soon. Must be stressful over there, you both will be in my thoughts.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
SB welcomes you also. Is the vet an avain vet? We all hope Dog can be treated so he will continue to be your best buddy.

OP
Bdejong

Bdejong

Apr 7, 2010
CT
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
yes. He has been going to Tuff's in MA for the past week. We now know that Dog is a she, which has been unknown until now. Whatever it is it is not hurting the kidneys, not in her bones, and she has clean blood work. Still no word but she is so quite and not herself that it is sad. My dad isn't sure what the next step will be but at least she can eat and sleep in cage my dad rigged up a bit.

So far so good. :)

OP
Bdejong

Bdejong

Apr 7, 2010
CT
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Little update from Dog. She is now making attempts to climb her cage. She can get up one wall but can't get on the top. It is great to see her at least try and do more then sit and sleep. I know it isn't much but watching her try gives me hope. Plus she love head petting more then ever now which I love.

MisterBiscuits

Apr 12, 2010
Miami
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Male Vosmaeri Eclectus, Queen of Bavaria Conures, Blue & Gold Macaw, White Bellied Caique, Blue-Mutation Quaker, Yellow Nape Amazon, 2 Doves, 9 Parakeets
LOL! I LOVE the name "Dog" for an Amazon. "Whut up, Dog?"

Sometimes older parrots get benign fatty tumors, causes unknown. At 45 years of age the parrot deserves as much love, fresh food, toys, and happiness as she can take. Good luck with your new friend!

Most Reactions