New here!

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Hello!

New to the forums not New to parrots.

I don't have any at the moment it's been years since I have had any, so am here to brush up on knowledge especially as things may have changed since the 90's.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome to the forum! Things have definitely changed since the 90's, I felt like I started from scratch when getting back into having birds. I'm really glad you joined us!

OP
M

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Hello and welcome to the forum! Things have definitely changed since the 90's, I felt like I started from scratch when getting back into having birds. I'm really glad you joined us!
Glad to be here!

That's basically why parrots are a look but don't buy (at the moment.)

Left the hobby as a novice, entering back as a newbie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J321AZ using Tapatalk

OP
M

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Welcome aboard.
Thank-You

Hopefully these forums will help me find a suitable species!

I must admit your name made me laugh a little reminding me of when I had moved to Kentucky for my fiancee.

"Kentuckiana" was confusing as all heck!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome! Lots of people to help you out. I'm glad you found us!

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Welcome aboard.
Thank-You

I must admit your name made me laugh a little reminding me of when I had moved to Kentucky for my fiancee.

Ah, then perhaps you are also familiar with our tradition of giving directions using landmarks that no longer exist, such as "where the old Sears store used to be". Doesn't sound as if you are still here - congratulations on achieving escape velocity.

OP
M

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Welcome aboard.
Thank-You

Ah, then perhaps you are also familiar with our tradition of giving directions using landmarks that no longer exist, such as "where the old Sears store used to be". Doesn't sound as if you are still here - congratulations on achieving escape velocity.
Haha Louisville wasn't horrible just too crime ridden, at least I didn't see the banjo scene from Deliverence that I was afraid of... still wouldn't be surprised to see that in Brandenburg though.

Yes fiancee and I both escaped that strange state... Do people really need to buy all of the milk, and bread over 3" of snow?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for joining. Lots to see here, so you may find yourself seriously considering a bird!

There is something about milk and bread scavenging during a winter storm. I have relatives a bit west of Philadelphia and that is common!

OP
M

MutatedFungi

Nov 13, 2016
Welcome, thanks for joining. Lots to see here, so you may find yourself seriously considering a bird!

There is something about milk and bread scavenging during a winter storm. I have relatives a bit west of Philadelphia and that is common!
Thanks man, I'm from New England so to me freaking out over anything under a foot is strange to me. (No school, for being "too cold")

Not fully sure where a "What type of parrot might be right for me?" Post would go....

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.

Or perhaps it just started off over here? 1" is enough to clear the shelves LOL :rolleyes:

Sorry forgetting my manners, welcome to the forums :)

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi there! Welcome to the forums! I think you'll like it here and I know you'll find answers!

Most Reactions