New Illiger's Baby

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Yoshi - Blue Front Amazon, Ozzy - Illiger's Macaw
So the deposit is placed, and I will have my new baby Illiger's Macaw in 3 to 4 weeks!

I have the choice of 2 babies - both born around December 25, 2011. I'm waiting on feedback of their different personalities and activity levels before choosing, but wanted to share pictures from the breeder in the meantime...some taken recently and some several weeks ago.

which one's your favorite

Pictures
Green baby:
picture 1, 2, 5 [left side]

Red baby:
picture 3, 4, 5 [right side]

:D perhaps a little overly excited..

Attachments

• green baby.jpg
    green baby.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6,004
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12,915
  • cuties.jpg
    cuties.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,319
Last edited:

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
They are all so cute! It has to be so hard to decide, just from the pictures, I like little green and baby red the best :) I have no idea why, those two just stuck out to me for some reason. Have fun getting to know them, i'm so excited for you!

OP
nikkiscriv

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Are you allowed to go and interact with them?

No, unfortunately. :( I haven't been able to find a local breeder so this baby will be flying from Missouri..the airport arrival will be our first meeting!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
OOOh... They are all adorable.. It would be hard to choose... Maybe if you can keep going to see them over the next couple of weeks, you will see which one comes to you the most :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh wow , I wanted a Illigers but decided on a large macaw , but I have yet to get one , lol. I like the red one because of the way its looking up at the photographer.
I also like the green one too. I guess you will need to wait for a update on their personalities to be able to make a decision. But they are so cute , it's going to a be a hard choice to make , lol. Enjoy the journey :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
It's too bad you can't visit to see which one just seems the right one for you. I guess I like the red one, but red is my favorite color.

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
I like the fluffy blue headed one!! :D But I just like that baby look of his eye that says "food?" lOl

OP
nikkiscriv

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Thanks for your input guys! I know, I don't understand how I live in such a large metroplex (Dallas) and there aren't local Illiger's breeders. I'm leaving the decision up to the breeder..I'll use her input on their personalities and her take on how they'd fit in our home.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
I really love the green one...

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
I vote for the green baby!!! Adorable!!!!

OP
nikkiscriv

nikkiscriv

Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Updated photos attached. The breeder says they have very similar personalities - the green baby is a little more curious and therefore a better photography subject ;) The red baby is a little more adventurous and not quite as photogenic.

Sure love that red forehead, but the green baby has such a sweet face.

Decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

Most Reactions