New member :D yay

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Thank for the instruction I I didn't know what to do :p so anyway my question so I recently got a cockateil yesterday for my early bday and I need help taming my cockateil name Talon he's all grey and white thx for helping :D

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
My birds are listed next to my username, I've got a galah, 2 weiros (cockatiels) and 2 budgies.

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Less than us Americans spend on Galahs, that's for sure! (Remind me again why I don't live in Australia?) Welcome to you and Talon! Don't try and rush the bonding--I'm sure VERY soon you will be bestest friends. :)

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Hehe sorry what I meant by that was galahs (the bird in strudel's avatar) are native to Australia (and very common) and are very inexpensive there while in the US they go for around a thousand dollars to fifteen hundred. And boy do I love those darn pink toos!

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Really wow that a lot of money and they are beautiful I'm planning on getting one when I graduate from highschool to college because my house is very small well not that small but kinda

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Oh ok and nice in totally how mush money did you spent on your birds
Not very much, but I can't remember. My weiros were free, they were an urgent rehoming, but I've bought them a big cage (they just had a tiny one). My galah was a few hundred or something like that, but that included her outdoor cage/aviary. My budgies were cheap, they don't cost much here (like $20, something like that), main expense again is their cages. My birds have indoor and outdoor (patio) cages and I've got a big aviary I have yet to set up outside. I've got cages everywhere. It's quite handy when you need to clean something, they've always got somewhere to hang out. All of my birds are "cheap" (cheep cheep) here, lots of them for adoption and they are "local", not expensive like macaws and exotic species.

Most Reactions