Talon is awesome :o

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Here my cockateil Talon the cage seem small but he's really younge i did remove the housing because it was crampy for him so I remove it I am planning to just have a little housing outside of his cage when I tame him

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426633644.054431.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426633644.054431.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 189

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Very sweet! Don't think of it as taming, it is much more than that! That little creature is very smart and the two of you will need to build a trust that will last for the rest of your lives! He will need time and space. For sure, you have come to the right place,, again welcome.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
There's no need for the nest box! They only use it for breeding purposes nothing else. He's a whiteface cockatiel, do you know how old? He doesn't seem that young to me.

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Thx flboy and your right it not really taking it like meeting someone and becoming best friend :D

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Ok mikey when we got him yesterday he seem small to me I'm not sure and whiteface cockateil sound are they rare or no cuz he cost about 40

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Ok mikey when we got him yesterday he seem small to me I'm not sure and whiteface cockateil sound are they rare or no cuz he cost about 40

No they're not that rare, $40 is a good deal for a hand fed tiel baby!

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Ok thx :D I took a closer at at him I think he look small but he older not for sure cuz when I look at the cage and Talon Talon seem small maybe it the size he is and he's older cuz his size look small

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Cockatiels don't grow much bigger then that! Once fledged they'll pretty much be that size for the rest of their lives. Do you know it it's a male or female? If it's a male then it's a young male under 5 months. I know due to the face color, once whiteface male start to go through adult molt which starts around 5 months of age they'll change their face color to white.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here's a picture of one of my whiteface boys. He's a year old.

20150304_171758_zps6vgdluc0.jpg

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Your bird look awesome :D here mine I try to get a picture but he was scare so I decided to take it from a far away distances he has a bit of whiteness

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426641458.107993.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426641458.107993.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 174

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
He's in the process of molting then, that puts him around 5 months old.

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Oh ok how long does it take for them to finish molting and should I be prepare in case of something happen

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
The molting can last up to a year old to fully change over. You need to bathe him often and have blood stopper available or household corn starch and flour works fine to stop bleeding just in case cause they can bust their blood feathers easily.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Yeah my tiel is molting and I have had lots of blood feathers. The first two weeks my first thought every morning was if he was ok. He has no tail they keep falling out. I'm not sure what he is. I forgot to adm

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Forgot to mention if they bust their blood feathers pretty good, instead of stop the bleeding, just yank it. Unless you just don't see where it's bleeding from.

OP
H

houndoomwolf

Mar 17, 2015
Ok how does yanking it help wouldn't it make it bleed or is the feather is the only thing bleeding

Most Reactions

Latest posts