New member in Australia

Jasper015

Mar 16, 2015
I have a 18 month male Galaha , who I have had for two months , he is just gorgeous. Speaks , what r u doing ? Hello jasper , good morning Jasper , I'm still training him. Trying to do the harness thing omg hahah.
He adores me , w little to much.

Any suggestions on how to stop him picking my freckles as he makes me bleed and from what I can tell its an affection thing :)

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
LOL! Welcome to the forum and welcome to the WONDERFUL world of keeping a Galah!

All you can do when cocky picks your skin is to simply take hold of his beak and push it gently away, saying 'No'. Do it every single time he picks at your skin and he'll eventually work it out. Be patient, but do it every single time!

When can we see pics of Jasper???? My Dominic sends a cheery squawk of welcome to him. :)

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Welcome. Good luck with the freckles. My girl thinks they're seed.... My only weapon is distraction.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hey There, Welcome to you and your galah! We would love to see photos. I hope you get to keep your freckles.

Most Reactions