New member intro

PlacidTick

Aug 11, 2018
Hi All,

My name is Tim and I am new to the forum and semi-new to parrots.

I previous owned a yellow sided green check who was the greatest bird in the world and my best friend. He was always with me. He recently passed and I was devastated.

We have recently purchased a green wing macaw and I look forward to the bonding journey. However it looks to be a challenging one that I need assistance from experienced parrot owners as I do not want to give up and rehome her.

Anyways that's my story.

Thanks
Tim

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome to you! Many macaw owners here to help with questions....hope you’ll share some pictures of your new addition :)

OP
P

PlacidTick

Aug 11, 2018
This is her chilling on her new bottlebrush perch!

placidtick-albums-margie-picture20331-15340037600643580099023526944873.jpg
[/IMG]

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Tim, my deepest condolences for the passing of your green cheek. Many of us well know the loss following a deep bond.

Green Wings are among the sweetest and most even-tempered of macaws. That said, the collective grouping of species are large, willful, and full of personality! The first few weeks of the "honeymoon" can be challenging, and it is important to correctly set the tone. Despite the big beak, they often bluff rather than use in anger.

I'd recommend reading many threads/posts by Birdman666 in the Macaw forum. This one is essential! http://www.parrotforums.com/macaws/56384-big-beak-o-phobes-guide-understanding-macaw-beaks.html

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome, condolences, and congratulations.
I'm so glad you're here.
I look foward to enjoying your journey!

Annnnnd... I love the ID, PlacidTick. Calm Acari? :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts