New Member...My Alexandrine

xxcakexx

Nov 18, 2011
Hi, my names Traci, I have an Alexandrine called Ollie. Iv only had him three weeks and he is the most neediest bird Iv ever known. I take it hes at least three years old as he has his black band. He loves strangers and constantly says hello hello hello hello and wants kisses from them, when hes bored of that hes back at me. If I leave the room he squeals a high pitch noise until I return, I cant even go for a smoke outside without him banging on the window for attention. My hands and shoulders are full of scratches from handling him all the time. He does a little mating dance on me (stays from side to side) and wobbles his tongue up and down and regurgitates his food on me. God forbid I turn on the hoover or get the polish out, he goes mad and pecks my foot and dances in front of me until I put them down. Im only able to rite this message now because he asleep haha. I love him to bits and Im taching him new words but I think Iv got to be a bit tough with him as I think its my fault hs so needy as I give him attention and hugs all day. Where do I start with the tough love?????:rainbow1:

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
Keep on loving him and give a lot of atention but tell him NO when he for exampel bite you and take him of your sholder. It is not a easy fix but keep on and after several month hi will learn. About hoover my DYHA is also going creasy so I sometime put him in an other room.

Welcome to oure family forum

OP
xxcakexx

xxcakexx

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks.... He doesnt bite, he never has, as far as I know, he runs at me and tries to bite and peck ONLY when the hoover is on. I can hold him like a baby and smother him in kisses and he doesnt worry. Hes a mummies boy for sure haha. Thank for your message xx

Most Reactions

Latest posts