Second addition to our ringneck family

treenah

Nov 19, 2011
Hi, my name is Katrina.

Today my partner and adopted a 7 week old baby blue/pastel violet male indian ringneck from a breeder.

We already have a 12 month old violet male indian ringneck who is getting cheekier and sweeter every day.

Our violet is named 'Link' after the character from the Zelda games and we have named our baby blue/violet 'Squirtle' after the blue water type from the Pokemon games. You can probably tell my partner and i are into video games, haha.

We recieved alot of tips and information from the breeder on feeding the little guy (still on the mix up) and a bit about how to bond the two birds together.
But any information you can provide on how best to take care of little Squirtle, and how to best to help them both get along would be very much appreciated.

Link is already very inquisitive about Squirtle, wandering over to his cage to have a look and Squirtle hasn't seemed too phased by his presense, but i definately dont want to rush things, I want to make sure we go about it the right way.

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
Hello Katrina, welcome to you all. Just take it a day at a time, you have all the info from your breeder plus the experience you have already gained with Link.

All you have to do is enjoy them.:)

OP
T

treenah

Nov 19, 2011
Thankyou for that, your confidence is very comforting :)

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
I can see confidence in your post Katrina, you have no complaints with Link so i wouldn't think you would have any with Squirtle. You have the comonsense to not rush things & i am sure you will know what to do should something pop up. If not there is help available from some very knowledgable & experienced members.:)

Keep up the good work.

Most Reactions

Latest posts