New member, new parrot

Lycansrageon

Nov 10, 2016
Barnsley-south yorkshire
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
Green cheek conure
Hello everyone, just want to show off my new bird.
I have wanted a Galah for 10 years and finally got one last sunday
So far he has learned to say his name,hello and bye bye, he will fly to me on command now aswell but we are working on the distance ....hes a bit lazy haha

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Welcome to the Parrot Forums family! That is one beautiful galah! How old is he?

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for joining and sharing your beautiful galah! Wishing you many years of joy.

Exercise is important for companion birds and galahs in general. You may be able to gradually increase the distance flown with rewards. For cockatoos, a verbal affirmation may be as valued as a treat!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
Gorgeous... their colors fascinate me. Like a parrot got crossed with a flamingo.
Congratulations on such a well-behaved bird... something about which I know absolutely nothing!
Glad you found us.

Jimdc

Apr 7, 2016
Glasgow. Scotland
Parrots
Getting baby B F A in 2 weeks
Snowy Boy - Budgie
So far he has learned to say his name,hello and bye bye, he will fly to me on command now aswell but we are working on the distance ....hes a bit lazy haha

Welcome to the forum! Your new baby is gorgeous. I'm not too far away from you as I'm in Glasgow.

OP
L

Lycansrageon

Nov 10, 2016
Barnsley-south yorkshire
Parrots
Galah cockatoo
Green cheek conure

Welcome to the forum! Your new baby is gorgeous. I'm not too far away from you as I'm in Glasgow.

Glasgow would put you like 240 miles away haha

Oh and for whomever asked he was born in july,
And yeah I know galahs are especially susceptible to fatty tumours but so far he seems to like his exercise haha

Jimdc

Apr 7, 2016
Glasgow. Scotland
Parrots
Getting baby B F A in 2 weeks
Snowy Boy - Budgie
I only mentioned it as most people on the forum are not in Britain. I know how far you are from Scotland .

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums! Gorgeous galah! Congrats!

MrsBigE

Oct 19, 2016
Media
Pickerington Ohio
Parrots
Sun Conure
Umbrella Cockatoo
He's beautiful!! I just saw my first Galah last week when I wss visiting my baby U2 in the nursery. Another parront brought him in to shop for toys and I got to meet him.
I know you're having a lot of fun with him.
Enjoy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts