new member/old member

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Hello, I will introduce myself as a new member, but I may have been a member of this forum in the past. I couldn't get my password, but then I've been through some computer/e-mail changes and it really HAS been awhile. ;)

My name is Christy and I live in CA. My youngest human child is still living at home and three others are grown now. My husband and I also have 3 small dogs and I've done some fostering for animal rescue.

My fids are Eclectus parrots. I've had my birds for over 10 years now. I got them all as re-homes from the same family, although the male was a baby at the time and the females were approx 6 and 10. I guess that makes Jax 10, Ruby 16 and Tina 20 years old! :11:

Attachments

• ekkieboy.gif
    ekkieboy.gif
    783 bytes · Views: 163
  • ekkiegirl.gif
    ekkiegirl.gif
    791 bytes · Views: 158

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Hello and welcome to the forum or welcome back to the forum. would love to see pics of your fids:)

OP
Peeker

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Hello and welcome to the forum or welcome back to the forum. would love to see pics of your fids:)

Ask and ye shall receive! :D

This is a current photo of Jax.
The bath pic is an older one I like showing both Tina and Ruby.

Attachments

• DSC_0052.jpg
    DSC_0052.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 212
  • PICT0035.jpg
    PICT0035.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 219

DanaR

Feb 9, 2013
Media
Missouri
Parrots
Sun Conure (Tequi),
Quaker Parrot (Kiwi),
Cockatiel (Jax),
Cockatiel (Kylie)
Wow, beautiful birds! I don't know much about that species, but I'm fascinated by how different the coloring is between the males & females.

I have a bird named Jax, also, though mine is a cockatiel. :)

OP
Peeker

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Wow, beautiful birds! I don't know much about that species, but I'm fascinated by how different the coloring is between the males & females.

I have a bird named Jax, also, though mine is a cockatiel. :)

Thank you Dana. I like the name Jax. It works well for a cockatiel too!

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Wow..such beautiful and healthy Eclecti. Is that the word for more than one Eclectus? LOL.

Welcome back and thank you for posting pictures of your flock. Such beauties! GIANT kudos for keeping them healthy and happy for so many years. You are a very good Eclecti parent!

I would love to know what you feed your Eclecti. (I am probably not going to stop using that word now...I apologize) I had a male Eclectus named Joaquin who unfortunately died at just a month shy of 5 years old. He had cancer. I use to feed him quite differently from my mini macaws and until the cancer was a very healthy and happy boy. His diet was mostly fresh veggies with a little bit if fruit. He liked the tart fruits my mini macaws would not touch. I remember feeding him Harrison's pellets but the majority of his diet was fresh foods.

I was heart broken when he died. Joaquin use to speak in sentences and would charm anyone who met him. I use to take him to hospice and help with the mentally ill because Joaquin had a way of helping people feel good. At home Joaquin had a bit of macaw in him and would be naughty. I loved him very much. Joaquin passed in 2005 and I still miss him.

It gives me great joy to see your beautiful flock in such obvious health and happiness. I love the pic of the ladies taking their shower. That is a very beautiful pic. Thank you for sharing them with us.

OP
Peeker

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Wow..such beautiful and healthy Eclecti. Is that the word for more than one Eclectus? LOL.

Welcome back and thank you for posting pictures of your flock. Such beauties! GIANT kudos for keeping them healthy and happy for so many years. You are a very good Eclecti parent!

I would love to know what you feed your Eclecti. (I am probably not going to stop using that word now...I apologize) I had a male Eclectus named Joaquin who unfortunately died at just a month shy of 5 years old. He had cancer. I use to feed him quite differently from my mini macaws and until the cancer was a very healthy and happy boy. His diet was mostly fresh veggies with a little bit if fruit. He liked the tart fruits my mini macaws would not touch. I remember feeding him Harrison's pellets but the majority of his diet was fresh foods.

I was heart broken when he died. Joaquin use to speak in sentences and would charm anyone who met him. I use to take him to hospice and help with the mentally ill because Joaquin had a way of helping people feel good. At home Joaquin had a bit of macaw in him and would be naughty. I loved him very much. Joaquin passed in 2005 and I still miss him.

It gives me great joy to see your beautiful flock in such obvious health and happiness. I love the pic of the ladies taking their shower. That is a very beautiful pic. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I'm so sorry to hear your Eclectus boy died. I'm not sure what the plural is but always deferred to "Eclectus Parrots".

Mine are fed a mostly fresh or cooked foods diet. In the morning, they usually eat a cooked cereal of lentils and split peas, barley, lentils, veg. pasta, rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, almonds, date crumbles, raisins, sunflower seeds, and walnuts and whole kernel corn. In the evenings I feed a chopped salad with diff types of lettuce, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, zucchini, snap peas...or whatever else is growing in the garden or kept in the fridge. Once in awhile they get a seed mix, maybe once or twice a month a few Roudybush pellets. Sometimes I add in a little toast with a bit of peanut butter or scrambled egg as a treat.

If Ruby has laid an egg which she does a couple times a year I shave in a little cuttlebone for added calcium and offer almonds that week. And I go through phases of sprouting and then not. Which is less about them and more about me lol!

I'm always happiest to feed them something fresh from the garden since I feel it's the healthiest for them. Recently we've had some nice pomegranets at the grocery and although they make a huge mess of them, they really enjoy them.

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
Welcome back ! I just HATE it when I forgot my password to some online accounts. And I don't want to go through all of that trouble trying to retrieve it... Do you know which year you joined ? I think Ant might know, she is one of the oldest members that is still active.

OP
Peeker

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Welcome back ! I just HATE it when I forgot my password to some online accounts. And I don't want to go through all of that trouble trying to retrieve it... Do you know which year you joined ? I think Ant might know, she is one of the oldest members that is still active.

No idea. It has honestly been quite awhile and my internet provider was sold so I have a different e-mail address. My account may have been deleted for going unused for awhile. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts