New member PSJ

psjean

May 9, 2013
My family owns an African Grey, Korena, she is about 25 yr-old. Although my two daughters named her Korena but later we believe Korena actually is male. Anyway, Korena has been sick for a while. A couple weeks ago, she suddenly breaths very heavy with some noise. We took her to local vet. She went through everything, blood test, X day, consultation, etc. Well, after all, the vet said Korena has infection and need ore tesl. I decided to try some infection medication first. She still breaths heavy once a while. Hope she will do OK.

PSJEAN

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forum, psjean. :)

If your Korena is sick and was diagnosed by your vet (avian vet???) to have a bacterial infection, please give him/her the medicine your vet prescribed.

A lingering infection can be bad for your Korena. :( What have you been giving him? What did your vet give him?

I truly hope he fully recovers.

OP
P

psjean

May 9, 2013
My family owns an African Grey, Korena, she is about 25 yr-old. Although my two daughters named her Korena but later we believe Korena actually is male. Anyway, Korena has been sick for a while. A couple weeks ago, she suddenly breaths very heavy with some noise. We took her to local vet. She went through everything, blood test, X day, consultation, etc. Well, after all, the vet said Korena has infection and need ore tesl. I decided to try some infection medication first. She still breaths heavy once a while. Hope she will do OK.

PSJEAN
Thanks, we gave all of the medications prescribed by the vet. Unfortunately, he still breath heavily and does not talk any more (He used to talk every second, some enjoyable). We are thinking about taking him back to the vet but wonder what the vet will SJ

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
Please make sure its a avian vet, other vets can treat but only avian vets really specialize.

OP
P

psjean

May 9, 2013
Thanks! The vet gave him some infection medicine and want more culture development. Korena still breath very heavily and start to eat less. There is only one avian vet in this area (yes, even I live in Los Angeles, CA) whose first appointment is $210. We already spent more than $550. Wonder what we can do.

Paul

Most Reactions