oceanica

Feb 21, 2014
Omaha, NE
Parrots
none now, have had spectacled amazons, Moluccan, Eclectus, tiels, other amazons
Hi all: Just registered, we just have birds as family members, along with dogs, cats, tortoises, and the occasional snake, lizard or other creature. I have worked in the family real estate business for the last 23 years, but I am a veterinarian who graduated from ISU in '82 -- this explains the menagerie in our home....
Looking forward to learning a lot from this forum.
We just lost Jade ( male Eclectus ) our friend for over 20 years, and may adopt another parrot in the future.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome!
I am so sorry for your loss of Jade:(

Kalona

Nov 9, 2013
Ohio
Parrots
Ruby - Female Eclectus
Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss.

How did your others animals, more specifically your dogs, get along with Jade? I have a new 6 month old Emkie and two dogs. I'm confident they'll be friends, but I'm curious about others experiences.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome! I'm so sorry to hear of your loss... What kinds of animals do you see at your practice? Birds?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Sorry for your loss of Jade....

I was thinking of attending ISU at one point when I used to live not too far from there. I was reading up on their veterinarian programs. But the blood and guts just bothers me way too much....

OP
O

oceanica

Feb 21, 2014
Omaha, NE
Parrots
none now, have had spectacled amazons, Moluccan, Eclectus, tiels, other amazons
thanks to all for your kind wishes. We hope to get another bird some time, but it is too early now.
Our Corgie pretty much sees the other pets as puppies to take care of and try to keep clean, She would try to lick Jade's face after he ate...it was pretty comical

Most Reactions