Highlandparrots92

Aug 6, 2017
Scotland, edinburgh
Parrots
Parrotlets,Irish fancy canaries, meyers, jardines, white capped pionus, Budgies, Tiels, Goldie & Scaly Lorikeets, Lineolated parakeets, Kakarkis, R.i.P - Pip lesser sulphur cocktoo "always on my shoul
Hello all im a new member and joined up for hopefully advice and help of all other parrot lovers out there. I do alot of parrot rescusing and other animals im part of bird rescues as foster and rehoming and rehbiltation. My name is Sam and i own 15 birds in total from tiny parrotlets upto meyers,jardine and a white capped pionus previously owned cockatoos,amazons,greys,ecelectus and macaws. Just recently lost my 30 year old abused lesser sulphur cockatoo who went everywhere with me feel like a part of me is missing she was my first bird and the reason i do rescusing to this day. Im finding it very hard after my lose as im autistic and she was my therpy bird and had to recently rehome a angry old amazon as he was to bird and people aggressive so feeling a bit empty after losing my two big birdies at similar times hoping to make some birdy friends and links for advice and in general parrot chat as my friends look at me as a mad man when i start talking about my flock all my feathery babies :). Im trying to figure out how to post on the cockatoo forum part how do i do this? Also anyone have success with pelvic bone sexing? As think my "for months male" meyers maybe a hen and the girl a **** tis all very confusing if so have have got them muddled up lol. Im saving my pennies towards another large parrot maybe another too or grey etc who knows doesnt need to be set in stone yet to help take my old toos place as she assited in rehibilating new rescues and really helped gain their trust and bond to me but with her gone alot harder as she was completly bonded to me my shoulder feels cold and empty without my gorgeous little baldy cockatoo. Sorry sounds like a rant lol hard to write about the flock without the too coming up. Look forward to getting to know the other birdy people out there..:green::white1::blue1::rainbow1::greenyellow:👌 many thanks Sam & the flock.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I am very certain that your Parrot(s), would hope that you take and use the other Parrot's joy and love as a support as you adjust to this changed World. I have always believed that our Parrots create their special place in our Heart for themselves and they also create and/or help another develop their place.

The loss cannot be replace, nor should it ever be! The love you shared was a very special bond that will live on forever within your Heart. Allow those warm feathered moments to provide you help in stepping forward. Gain strength from those around you knowing that they care and need you just as much as before.

One cannot be a caring /loving Parrot Owner without being a bit nuts /crazy or whatever you want to call it. Personally, I wear the title as an honor! I would recommend that you consider doing the same! :D

Welcome to Parrot Forum! A very special place filled with crazy and very happy Parrot People and the Parrots that Love them for that reason!

Last edited:
OP
Highlandparrots92

Highlandparrots92

Aug 6, 2017
Scotland, edinburgh
Parrots
Parrotlets,Irish fancy canaries, meyers, jardines, white capped pionus, Budgies, Tiels, Goldie & Scaly Lorikeets, Lineolated parakeets, Kakarkis, R.i.P - Pip lesser sulphur cocktoo "always on my shoul
Thank you that made me smile and feel better. saying that time to let loose the flock :) i look forward to being part of this forum. Sam :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Sam. My deepest condolences for the loss of your beloved lesser sulphur crested. I have no doubt you formed the deepest of bonds, so allow yourself to grieve.

Rescuing parrots is a definite calling as long as you are able to properly care for them. Rehabilitating a rescue and rehoming is the most awesome of accomplishments. You'll find so many like-minded people here!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome an be welcomed, Sam. Sorry to read the loss of your 'too, she sounds like she was a real help to you. Edinburgh, ay? My favorite city in Scotland, been there many times, last 3 years ago, for my 60th bday, my youngest boy and i went on holiday in Scotland, and we spent 3 days in Edinburgh.

Most Reactions