Kai

Dec 14, 2010
Parrots
In 2007 while on a vacation in Colorado my cat Ganesh disappeared. It was heartbreaking for me to receive the news while away. The day I returned home to NY my mother found a Quaker Parrot in a Magnol
Hi all,
I just posted to the new members board and thought I'd briefly introduce myself further. I live in NYC and up until 4 years ago had zero parrot experience. Sad events caused my cat to disappear while I was on vacation in CO and the same day I came back home my mother found a (estimated to have been around 6month) Quaker Parrot. She was banded so we knew she didn't belong to any of the many wild flocks we have in NYC and she couldn't fly, we put posters up and no one claimed her. Long long long story short I quickly fell in love :p. We call her Uptown after the area we found her in the city. A month ago I adopted a Nanday Parrot, just completed her quarantine and have begun the slow introduction process. Will soon post a question/concern I have to the appropriate area.

-Kai

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Hello Kai and a very warm welcome to our forum. I have seen nature shows about all the wild parrots in Central Park. I am so glad the little fid found his way to your home. We all look forward to chatting with you.

Most Reactions