OP
R

rnadler103

Jun 27, 2020
I finally got the full report. Most things look good, but there were many 'slightly toxic heterophils' which she said may indicate an infection he is fighting off. We took the blood after he was already on the meds for a few days, so it might show an improvement. She wants to continue the meds for another two weeks and then recheck, so that's what I will do.
Not a fan of the word toxic, but I think it just shows something wrong.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I finally got the full report. Most things look good, but there were many 'slightly toxic heterophils' which she said may indicate an infection he is fighting off. We took the blood after he was already on the meds for a few days, so it might show an improvement. She wants to continue the meds for another two weeks and then recheck, so that's what I will do.
Not a fan of the word toxic, but I think it just shows something wrong.

Hopefully the recheck will show far fewer if any toxic heterophils. Found an interesting but technical article. See bottom right P-186 and upper left P-187. http://avianmedicine.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/9.pdf

OP
R

rnadler103

Jun 27, 2020
Just wanted to update everyone. Tony is back to 100% and I am so thankful. You all helped me so much when I was worried he wouldn't make it through the night and I am so happy to have found this board.

Thank you again :07:

Attachments

• tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 63

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks for the update! So glad Tony is back to his healthy self. What a great picture too! Love that face, handsome boy :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts