OurCoco

May 2, 2014
Las Vegas
Parrots
Blue and Gold Macaw
and
Cockatiel
Hi there,
my name is Sandra and im new to this community. My husband and I recently(3wks ago) added a new member to out family-an 11yr old blue and gold macaw named Coco. He was unfortunately neglected and then abandoned by the previous owner; and on top of that he has Cyst/Tumor hanging right off his right elbow - its the size of a golf ball. Anyway, fell in love with him/her(we still don't know the sex and we're actually waiting on the results for that. So for now im going to call coco and a "he") wanted give him lots of Love and companionship - something he hasn't had in a while. So far he's been adjusting well. We have two dogs, one cockatiel and a 2year old little boy. So even with all the chaos going round he's doing pretty good. We also started a fundraiser for Coco to have his cyst/tumor removed. We cant wait to get rid of that. We can see is painful and very uncomfortable. He cant fly cause of it and he cant extend his wing very good. We took him to the vet when we first got him because he was bleeding from picking at it :(...sigh.

My husband and I came about this forum and been hooked on and we LOVE it! We're excited to have Coco and be part of this forum. Thanks everyone! Im sure you'll see us a lot.:p
Thank you Everyone!!
:blue1:

Last edited:

Chelle

Aug 5, 2013
Parrots
CHEESECAKE (Pineapple~GCC) 2/4/14
Welcome to the forum! Did the Vet say what caused Coco's tumor? Poor thing it sounds like he has had a rough life! You are a good person for taking him in and giving him a home.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum! So glad to hear you and Coco crossed paths- it sounds like 'he' will have a very good life from this point forward:) Hope that cyst gets removed soon:( Did the vet give any clue as to what caused it? Any pictures of the handsome "boy"? We like pictures around here :D

O, and feel free to ask questions as you have them. Rescue birds can be a little more of a challenge than babies, but it is always *so* worth it when you put in the time and effort. A lot of forum members have rescues and a lot of good advice on socialization, correcting behavioral issues, bonding ect... Best of luck!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum! Would love to see pictures when you can. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm new to really any forum, but I am really wanting to get a green cheek conure and want some tips on really anything especially air purification systems.

There's numerous threads discussing air purifiers on the forum. Just use the search option to find what you need to know.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Sandra and welcome! I am so glad you joined us, and I would also love to see pictures of Coco:)

TheWildRose311

May 10, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I have one parrot.. He is a conure who is named Disco
Hi my name is Kay I have alot beautiful fur kids both alive and deceased Scooter my ten year old chihuahua ( Alive) LittleMan My eight year old chihuahua wich is the biological pup to my dog scooter (Deceased) One spoild Himalayan cat named Cabbit ( Alive ) two spoild Pomeraininans Mkaylee and Chewy (Both deceased) Rocky A pet Grey squirrell (Deceased) Penny my thirteen yr old boarder collie ( Deceased) And pete my parakeet as a kid ( (Deceased)

I have the pleasure of owning a silly conure whom I have named Disco, He/she is truely very intelligent, But inorder to explain why he/she is intelligent I'd really have to start from from the beginning. Last week my dad helped an older man move fom his old house and into his new home along with moving he was giving some of his possessions up He had one Iguna and a conure. After my dad spent all day helping him moved he wanted to give my dad somthing in payment for his help, So he gave him the conure ( along with the cage ( Dissco along with his cage together were bought valued at two thousand) I and my Marine broke up, I was very heartboken... Than dad walked into my house with a box in his hand.. Me being the curious type ( I have the curiousity of a cat) I had to see what was in that box with the mesh wiring, When I peeked it it was a bird my dad told me the back story on the bird and I was instantly hooked.... My dad asked if I wanted him of course my answer was "YES!!" as I sat at the table and made clicking noises as I spoke to him, To my surpise he started repeting the clicks back at me. We sat the huge cage up ( I wanted him in the room where the most traffic would be, Naturally this is my living room... I refused to have him confined to the bed room where no one goes, He'd never have an interaction and would never bond with me and would be lonley) I have had him a week now, He has learned the step up command, He gives kisses ( Whenever he wants to, I'd rather it come natural than forced) He screams if I leave the room, He screams if im in another room and someone walks in my house that he doesn't know is is also an unaltered little guy ( Unclipped wings) His cage is two stories the second storie has a ladder that connects to his perch and hold one food bowel and a water bowel. He loves sweet potatoes, Peanuts ( Raw,Unsalted and in the shell) He is on a seed diet as his staple wich contains sunflower seeds wich he loves ( I read this was bad for him as sunflower seeds cause them to be over weight and cause fatty liver) So Im workin on Gettimg him off the seeds so much and more on to a pellette diet with a varity seeds including sunflower sees, pellets, fruits and vegatables.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome To the forum Kay. Cute story. What kind of conure is Disco? Can we see pics? :)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!!! :)

Can't wait to see pics! :D

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Welcome Kay,

I enjoyed reading about your "family"

This is a GREAT place, everyone is very nice!!, glad to have you join us

BTW, you may have noticed, Pics are ALWAYS welcome :D

Joe

TheWildRose311

May 10, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I have one parrot.. He is a conure who is named Disco
Ya know, Im not really sure.... I do know he is a conure but Im sure of the specific type, I want to say a Green cheeked yellow sided Conure. I have tried to post his pic twice but the site won't let me. :green2:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
After looking at pictures of Disco (in your profile and photobucket), Disco is no conure!

Disco is a senegal!

Conures are South American species and Senegals are African!

Most Reactions

Latest posts