New Mum to be

Amy07

Aug 10, 2014
Parrots
Soon to be the owner of a Little Eckkie Girl
Hi All,

I will the the new proud mum of a little Ekkie girl around Mid to Late Sept. I am have a lot of trouble choosing a name at the moment.

I have included a couple of photos of her, and she is roughly about 5-6 weeks.
She stayed with her mum (Wilma) and Dad (Fred) for a few weeks before coming in to be hand raised by a lovely couple that live here.

I got to go around a have a look last week and she was so cute.

Thanks for reading

Amy:)

Last edited:

IRNMom

Jun 16, 2014
New Britain, CT
Parrots
KissKiss, Indian Ringneck
Lolo, Cockatiel
Petri, Love bird
Scooter, Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
Welcome! I'm Jennifer,I'm fairly new here myself. It's a great place for information and to get questions answered! I look forward to more pics of your baby soon!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Congrats, eclectus are WONDERFUL birds, they need some special care concerning their diet but it looks like you will have plenty of time to do your homework before this red headed beauty comes home.

Females get somewhat of a bad reputation, undeserved in my opinion, they are just different and require you to put in the extra time.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome Amy! Those photos of your baby girl are precious. You must be so excited.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Amy and welcome!
Your baby girl is so adorable! You must be getting so excited:)
Can't wait to see more pictures of her, female ekkies are so stunning.

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Welcome Amy! What about Pebbles or BamBam. Since his parent's names were Fred and Wilma? That was the only thing that came to mind. He's a cutie though!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congrats! Not too many female Ekkies around here :). You can see her beautiful colors already. Is she Solomon Island?

I used to have a female Grand Ekkie. When I got her, the breeder told me this bird has a very "steady" temperament. Years later, even after maturity, I came to know exactly what she meant by that. Amazingly, she NEVER bit me hard. I can't say that about ANY parrot I've had besides her. From what I hear about female Eclectus temperament, I guess that was not real typical, but some others here can tell you the females can be great birds too.

As Laura (labell) said, you have some time now to do your homework on Ekkies and their species specific requirements before your little cutie comes home :)

OP
Amy07

Amy07

Aug 10, 2014
Parrots
Soon to be the owner of a Little Eckkie Girl
Thanks Everyone for the warm welcomes.

The Breeder said she was a Red Sided. Not to sure what all the different subs are yet. But I am reading a lot.

I just bought a second hand cage off our local classifieds which saved me big dollars. So I am doing a lot of looking into how to make it all homely for her.

I came across some wonderful web sits on how to make parrot gyms out of PVC piping. I am going to have a go at one, but defiantly want to make the Shower Window perch. ( I put in a couple of Pics). People are charging a for tune for these in shops but I am gonna give it a go my self.

I have also put in a photo taken of her last night.

Thanks for reading

Amy:)

Last edited:

Most Reactions