New Old Member

SpookyAdam

Oct 22, 2012
South Wales UK
Parrots
A Pair of Beautiful, Cheeky, Loving and Mischievious Hahns Macaws.
Hello Out there,

I joined back in June, and have had a few crazy few months and am now getting around to answering e-mails. So I apologise for my lateness :).

I have two adorable crazy Hahns Macaws called Beauty and Buster. They light up the lives of my Wife and I and anyone who comes into contact with them. They are so mischievous and are into anything and everything, they can disassemble almost any item in my house in a matter of minutes and are at this moment enjoying 'helping' me write this message by giving my spell-checker a real kicking as they tear up and down my keyboard and hurl my cordless mouse across my desk and onto the floor. They have just removed my 'k' key from my keyboard and have both flown off to the highest point in the room and are playing tug 'o' war with it and are now both laughing manically at me as I try and call them down to get the button back. luckily I can still press the rubber bit underneath the key to get it to work lol.

These are my second 'flock' as up until September last year I had a beautiful Eastern Rosella called 'Rainbow', who I captured and saved from a flock of Seagulls and Magpies who were trying to rip him apart on the beach at the end of my road. He was an amazing companion and an amazingly coloured plumage and was an avery bird as he was not hand tame at all. We didn't know how old he was as he was rescued, and he sadly had a stroke in his cage. Rainbow was a much loved member of our family and is missed greatly.

I've had my Macaws for exactly a year this week and they are now 14 months old. They are hand-reared and are such a joy to live with, they are both full of life and love playing with absolutely anyone and everyone. They have a very large cage and spend quite a lot of time out of it, playing with us and between themselves.

It's amazing how much these little monsters eat, and how often and how much they poop lol.

They demand lots of attention when my wife and I are there and are happy in their cage whilst we are out at work etc. We have a CCTV system which records their antics in the cage whilst we are out and on playback they are content playing, eating, pooping and sleeping in their cage (as I hate leaving them at home and in their cage).

So enough of me rattling on. I'll attach some photos I've just taken a few minutes ago.

Adam :) :green2: :green2:

Attachments

• SAM_0033s.jpg
    SAM_0033s.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 176
  • SAM_0034s.jpg
    SAM_0034s.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 101
  • SAM_0040s.jpg
    SAM_0040s.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 96

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Welcome back to the forum.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome back to the forum, very cute babies there!!!! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts