new parrot owner 2

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Also people like to take their birds outside so to prevent them from flying away they have them clipped. Look into getting a leash if you want to take him outside if you don't want to clip. My macaw hates going outside. Took him to the vet yesterday and he was having a cow....

OP
H

hicham

Mar 30, 2011
well while reading somethings about CAGs on the net I saw that even in nature the CAG may start plucking himself because he couldn't fly, when I got him he was plucking now he's going better still plucks sometimes, but I want to stop it totally so I don't want to give him any reason to do it.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
You need to look up a post someone on here posted about mixing Rose water with Glycerine to spray them with. Supposedly it helps with plucking issues....

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
It can be aloe vera and water to spray for itching. A few drops in the spray bottle will do. Glycerine is too thick.

OP
H

hicham

Mar 30, 2011
Ok, already got him a spray but don't what it is made off and i don't know what stopped him from plucking if it is that he is less stressed or the spray or the food

OP
H

hicham

Mar 30, 2011
thanks for the red palm oil, will try it.
Well now we're on Hartz pellet, plus I am adding to it some dried fruits, he seems to like it cause he comes to his bowl as soon as I put the food :D I am happy!!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I didn't know Hartz make pellets??? I would be careful with their products!!!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Hartz is not good for birds. They have little knowledge of what our parrots need. Any good pellet like Harrisons is going to come from an avain vet office or on line.

Most Reactions

Latest posts