New Parrotlet Baby - Eating??

anotherbrother

Apr 15, 2015
We just brought home our second Parrotlet yesterday. Basics I know, but I have some feeding questions.

The breeder told me that she is about 8 1/2 weeks old and has been weaned for at least a week. I specifically asked if i should be at all concerned about her regressing and the answer was a resounding no.

This however is where my inexperience comes in. She is definitely not crying or asking for food. Yet, I've only seen her eat millet and drink nothing.

The breeder stated that she was eating fresh fruits and veggies, zupreem pellets, and a cockatiel seed mix. In her cage currently is all of those things on more than one level along with water both high and low.

Now here is where I don't know what to do. I don't get the impression that she's begging for formula. We don't need to discuss that as I have no idea what to do there. She will though eat some see and fresh food if I carefully feed it to her a piece at a time. Likewise she allowed me to hold drops of water above her beak and she would drink that. Should I be doing those things. If it's okay, I will, if it's not what do I do? If it is okay how often should I be making sure she eats and drinks and how much? She definitely isn't acting voraciously hungry.

I'm well aware that I should way her, but I don't think my scale is accurate enough. It only weighs in whole grams. I've got a scale coming tomorrow that weighs in 1/10 of a gram increments.

I'm not sure I've put this in the right category so please move if necessary.

OP
A

anotherbrother

Apr 15, 2015
Switched to phone in order to post the obligatory baby pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 361
OP
A

anotherbrother

Apr 15, 2015
Oops that first picture was Rio, he's 1.5 yo and also a fairly new addition. This is Izzy...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 3,717

Most Reactions