New Pictures of Kayak and Carlisle

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Carlisle takes much better pictures than Kayak who is always on the move. Carlisle is much more calm and collected. Kayak is always running around and getting into things.

Oh, my little snuggle buddy. He's so cute and fluffy. He just loves to snuggle with me. :D Now I really want to go take him out and have snuggle time. I'm in desperate need of a shower though. I just got back from a road trip out to Centralia, PA which is 3 hours from where I live. It was worth it though. Way cool... I mean way hot :p I want to go back when it's not hotter than hell and humid. Buttttttt that's why I took pictures because I had my camera out from the road trip.
P1020675.jpg

P1020674.jpg

Pretty girl!
P1020475.jpg

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Beautiful birds, I don't think I have ever seen a Dusky conure before.

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
Good looking birds! You are not helping me with resisting the urge to get a conure;)

OP
Customcasket

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Good looking birds! You are not helping me with resisting the urge to get a conure;)

They're beautiful, fun, hilarious creatures. The two of them are so goofy and have such personalities... but hate each other :(

OP
Customcasket

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Beautiful birds, I don't think I have ever seen a Dusky conure before.

When my ex got the phone call from the adoption lady about if we were interested in adopting a Dusky Conure (we thought she said "dusty" conure) we had to look up what a Dusky Conure even was. We were looking for a bird around the same size as Carlisle. Kayak is a bit smaller than he is, but a little bit larger than a GCC. She's my pretty girl and spoiled rotten. I think she's so cool looking. She has various shades of green and blue in her feathers. Her flight feathers (when they have the chance to grow in before I have them clipped) are the most gorgeous shades of blue. I almost feel bad having them clipped. Please note I said ALMOST. She's has flown into windows and the sliding glass door at the back of the house. :( :( (after she hit the back door she walked right up to me like "Hey, mom. WTF was that? I thought we were going outside!") It's very rare that she gets to leave the bedroom aka birdroom. :p She's not very good at flying and I feel safer having them clipped, especially since she likes to fly at glass.

Most Reactions