Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
As some of you know, I've fairly recently started using Kleenex boxes to hold Raven's foot toys, instead of having them just scattered on the bottom of the cage. Raven is my only one who loves foot toys. Raven loves his Kleenex box as his foot toy box. I want to replace it though, since it's getting all chewed and old, and I would like something bigger this time so that he can fit inside it better and not keep tipping it over. (Maybe I'll keep a Kleenex box too, just because).

I have this good sized Pringles box... Seems like I've read that the coloring and glues used in packaging these days in US products is baby and pet safe, but wanted to hear your feedback too.

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
I wouldn't worry about it. If it held food for use in the US, the rules are PRETTY strict.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Okay. That's what I thought. I feel fine about it then. I mean I've had birds ripping up phone books for years and was fine.

Mango121913

Aug 9, 2014
Ripley WV
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus
I THINK that all printing is done with "soy based" ink anymore. At least, that is what I've been told if it's manufactured in the US. Not sure about the glue. I have been shying away from tp cardboard rolls because of that. I have been using a big plastic ice cream container.

Most Reactions

Latest posts