New to Forum

SanaCerra2012

Dec 7, 2012
Aransas Pass Texas along the Gulf Coast, 30 miles
Parrots
Currently I do not have any avian exotics. Previously I have been the proud momma to A Hahns Macaw named Chia, a green wing macaw named Ahi Aeko, a Blue and Gold macaw named Kahiki Kii, An Umbrella
Was googling safe foods for my daughter to give her hahns macaw as a treat and came across your wonderful forum :) I am delighted to find somewhere to sit and talk with other bird lovers. I formerly owned aa rescue avarie in Dayton Area Ohio. Now I live in Texas and am looking for a Avain to share my home with, My Daughter has a sweet little Hahns Macaw we learned is a female so I considered getting a male to pair her with later in the future. I am also looking for a Umbrella or Molluccan Cockatoo egg to raise from hatching. All my previous avian pets were raised from hatching by me and I miss the joy of raising my babies myself. My Angels previously sharing my life were. Ahi Aeko, a green wing macaw that bonded to my eldest son and after he joined the USAF Ahi slumped into a depression which resoled itself when she met a young man confined to a wheelchair in Celina Ohio. After muych soul searching and discussion with my son we decided to donate her to the young man since he couldnt afford to buy one himself. Keith at the time was 28 years old and living with Muscular Dystrophy Ahi is still with him and they are best buddies. My beloved Blue and Gold Macaw Kahikii Kii wasm lost to the rainbow bridge when a neighbors standard dachshund came over for a visit and Kahiki opened his cage and came oyut and thedog attacked him. It broke my heart, My Breeding pair odf Umbrella Cockatoos I gave to a girlfriend in Xenia Ohio in exchange for a baby once hatched. Gideon was my male umbrella who I donated to a nursing home in Celina Ohio when I lost my hone and was forcd to move. Its been many years since I have had a avian friend and I am back to living stable and am looking for a Cockatoo to share my life. I have started posting photos to an album here and am looking forward to getting acquainted,

Julie86

Dec 2, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
Khaleesi, Mulga Hen Australian Parakeet-hd: 10/29/12
Maximus, Male Pearl Cockatiel-hd: 1/30/13
Lady, Lutino Hen
Cockatiel-hd: 11/?/13
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events :( I am soon to get my first bird. She is a Mulga australian parakeet. My "dream" bird is a cockatoo but i am intimidated by what i have read! I need to see how the bird world treats me before i get ambitious! Cockatiel is my next step one day lol!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to our great forum, hugs from sunny South Africa

Sad story.........touched my heart

Looking forward to seeing your wonderful pic's

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey and welcome to the forum.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I am in Texas as well, but a long way from you. I am on the edge of West Texas. That was so sweet of you & your son to donate his green wing to the young man. So sorry to hear about the accident with your B&G. My macaw Roscoe can open his aviary latch now, so I have to always remember to put the lock on it. He would dismantle my home one piece at a time if he were out & I were not home.

Hope you find your darling & good luck with hatching a Too egg. How exciting that would be! I am waiting for baby green wings to hatch some time in the next year from a breeder. It is a long wait, but well worth it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts