Hello! New Here

Makcia

Dec 7, 2012
Georgia,Tbilisi
Parrots
Timneh AGP
Hello Everybody, My name is Boris, I am from Georgia (In Caucasus), I am TAG owner he is 7 years old, but lives with me 2 months.Unfortunately he is afraid of me (idk why).He is very smart,and says often my name,I'm looking forward to reading the forum and getting advice.

Julie86

Dec 2, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
Khaleesi, Mulga Hen Australian Parakeet-hd: 10/29/12
Maximus, Male Pearl Cockatiel-hd: 1/30/13
Lady, Lutino Hen
Cockatiel-hd: 11/?/13
Welcome! I am a newer member as well! There is lots of helpful info here! :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
WELCOME TO THE FORUM. lots of people on here with good advice:)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome !!!!!!!!

Give your bird time to adjust, bonding takes a while
Time, patience and perseverance will go a long way
We would love to see a pic (hint hint)

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. Like others said, he needs time to adjust. He has had another life with someone else for 7 yrs. Parrots never forget people who they loved before & they certainly never forget when someone in their past has mistreated them. I hope that he has had a good life before you got him.

Go slowly for now & give him space, meaning don't rush his training & he will come around when he knows he can trust you as his friend. African Grey's are very inquisitive usually about their surroundings.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Welcome to a great place to share and learn all things bird. Be patient with your birdy and sweet talk him in to liking you. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum! As others have said, it takes time to build a bond. Just be patient in working with him and over time he will come around.

Most Reactions

Latest posts