New to me feathered babies going to the vet for the first time

Sherrie87

Feb 4, 2014
I just got my bare eyed cockatoo and red lord amazon. I have an apt on Thursday, the soonest they could could get us in. I know the too has a cataract on one eye, but other than that from what I can see nothin else is wrong other than I'm not sure she has ever been touched my a human :/. The other thing is she sticks her toe in her mouth like she has something stuck in the roof of her mouth.

My amazon it looks like part of her beak has been chipped or broken off like the top layer of the beak, not sure if it is normal or not. And she is forever scratching it on the cage or my hand.

So my question is what do I need to ask the vet? What info do I need to make sure to get? Anything else :)

Thank you all for being easy on me :) still learning and trying to take it all in:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am sure a lot of questions are going to occur to you between now and then, and I think if I were you that I would write down all questions so you don't forget anything:)
Is it an avian vet you are going to? I would tell them that you are brand new to these birds, and ask them to tell you everything they can think of that will help you to care for them.

OP
S

Sherrie87

Feb 4, 2014
I have my notebook going lol just wanted to make sure I asked everything I need to :)

Most Reactions