New to parrot forum

Honeysmom

May 13, 2017
Florida
Parrots
Love bird and a Lorikeet
Good evening to all the bird lovers. I am a retired Virginian now living in sunny Florida. My husband and I recently adopted a yellow love bird that lost their owner of 8 yrs. She is not a very social little creature other than she likes everything on her terms. Today we came across another little homeless waife at an animal shelter and had to bring her home too. We were told she is a lori but no background information. She is very tame and social with us but I would like to know more about her. If I can post a picture maybe some one will have more info they could share with me. Most of the research I have found was for a rainbow lori which she is not. She is all green with various shades of green. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20170513_122825.jpg
    IMG_20170513_122825.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 107

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, thanks for joining! Beautiful bird, I suspect we have members able to help identify your new bird. Kudos and great respect for rescuing from a shelter!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Welcome! So happy your birds have found a home with you! This is a wonderful place to learn and share.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Hi honeysmum!
Could s/he be a baby(ish) plumheaded parakeet?
I don't have a picture for you but if you did a google images (make sure to include the term baby) I think we'd be getting pretty close. Does s/he have a decent length tail?

OP
H

Honeysmom

May 13, 2017
Florida
Parrots
Love bird and a Lorikeet
Thanks everyone for welcoming us. I have an update on Honey's genetics. She is a Olive headed lorikeet and she is a young bird. She will develop an orange beak at maturity. I say "she" only because of my experience with other birds and the differences in personalities. I am very pleased with this little girl. She's very tame, sits on my shoulder, talks and so far is very enjoyable. She did freak out when I used a paper towel to clean her cage. I didn't see that coming!!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
You seem to have been struck by MBS (Multiple Bird Syndrome).
It has no cure.
welcome to the forum.

Most Reactions

Latest posts