New to site

rustyreid

Nov 15, 2017
Arkansas
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Hello everyone my name is Rusty I am from a little town called Sulphur Springs Ar. just outside of pine bluff I have had birds for most of my life until I had kids. I am looking to get another bird. I am looking for either a cockatoo or a macaw I made the mistake of trying to buy a bird from a person online not to long ago and got scammed I hope to meet a lot of new friends here and get a bird that will live out the rest of his life with our family!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
welcome, sucks you got scammed but hey we all fall for it at least once

I would look into some local rescues if you can find any and go have a look! A lot of very friendly birds in them who while yes may be 20 or 30 still will most likely outlive most adults, plus you get the benefit that you don't have to worry about the teenage years.

Good luck with the search and of course make sure to ride up Birdman's posts in the macaw sub-forum so you have a headstart with any macs you get

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Welcome! We have a lot of people with lots of experience with those and every other type of bird. The question you should start out asking yourself (besides how do I get my money back, if you lost any)....is what can you give the bird. How much time during the day, how much can yo afford on food, bills, vet etc. What kind of personality do I want, talking, a clown, a cuddler, something decorative, something good with kids?

Start with those questions and you can needle it down to the perfect companion for you and your friends and family.

SimplyBirdLover

Nov 15, 2017
Welcome, I am actually new as well. I have a quick but sorta stupid question for anyone who is willing to help.. how do I make a post?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Welcome, I am actually new as well. I have a quick but sorta stupid question for anyone who is willing to help.. how do I make a post?

Look for this near the top.... the new thread button

Attachments

• new thread.PNG
    new thread.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Hello everyone my name is Rusty I am from a little town called Sulphur Springs Ar. just outside of pine bluff I have had birds for most of my life until I had kids. I am looking to get another bird. I am looking for either a cockatoo or a macaw I made the mistake of trying to buy a bird from a person online not to long ago and got scammed I hope to meet a lot of new friends here and get a bird that will live out the rest of his life with our family!

Welcome! I hope you find the bird of your dreams!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hello and Welcome to the forum. No worries, you’ll get nothing but honest feedback from this amazing community. :heart:
Best of luck on your quest. :red1::blue:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear of the scam, sadly rather common. Please ask if you have any specific questions or see a tempting ad we can preview! Sometimes it is possible to check the image via Google and spot the scams!!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. THis forum will become one of your most used tools to understand, care for and keep safe the parrot you do wind up getting. Consider adopting, there are so many parrots in shelters who need a family.

Choose the species you are cosidering, go to the sub forum dealing with that species, and then read, read and read some more. Ask questions no matter how silly you might think it is,.

Me, I am a Macaw lover, and if Salty hadn't come over to me ad played, we might have been Blue and Gold Macaw parronts. Cockatoos are nice, from the ones I've met, but they have been the birds that owners know will behave - never known a 'too owner though.

Most Reactions

Latest posts