New to this forum! and new lovie!

SandiCheeks

Mar 22, 2014
Hello all!

I got this little guy (or girl) about a week ago! He has been acclimating well and is very happy here! I was hoping you guys could help me identify the type of love bird he is? I have named him/her Pippin!! Also, he is only about 7 weeks old (according to the person I got him from) and I have never weaned a bird before...I have been allowing him to have formula that I got from the pet store (the brand is Exact) twice a day (or whenever he gets rowdy which usually means "feed me") I have also had a dish of bird food in there and been offering fresh fruits and veggies every day. Problem is he doesn't seem interested in neither the bird food or the fresh food I give him! I got him to eat a small bit of kale yesterday that I wove through the bars of his cage. Any suggestions on how to wean him from the formula? And also, what type of pellets should I get him? Currently I just have bird seed for love birds but I know I need pellets. Just don't know what type.

Thanks so much!!

Sandi photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo1.jpg

NandayMom

Feb 8, 2014
Parrots
Rauri (Sun Conure)
very cute baby!
I use Zupreem pellets, my conures seem to do well on them.
I am not sure about how to wean off hand feeding. but just wanted to say cute baby.

Most Reactions