New

twemeralds

Mar 9, 2021
Hi,
I have 2 green cheeked conures a pineapple named Merlin.ive had her for 2 years. Right now she's going through her hormonal stage and OMG is she grouchy and it hurts! I can hardly touch her til the afternoon. She likes to snuggle or hide in my hair and she doesn't really like scratches to much.I just recently adopted a young green cheeked conure that was supposedly found in a parking lot in January. Kinda find that hard to believe but we have her now and she is beautiful! I dont even know what color to call her. We appropriately named her Skittles for all her different colors. We are working on step up. She still has those young bird actions to her. Just by the things she does reminds me of that. She's still kinda scared and likes to cuddle by my neck or behind it in.my hair. much. The adoptors figured she was about 4 months. Can anyone tell me, being so young and small can she be cold!

25964d1615398616-new-zzpw.jpg

25960d1615387912-new-20210104_141929.jpg

Attachments

• 20210104_141929.jpg
    20210104_141929.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 92
  • zzpw.jpg
    zzpw.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date
Greetings Emeralds,

Welcome to the global group. The forum is a vast accumulation of knowledge and experience.

Hormonal phase, I can relate!. Sounds like you have your hair full.

Skittles is cold in what way? Distant, refrains from interaction?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to Parrot Forum!

It is important to understand that a Parrot has zero control of either when or at what volume level the hormonal chemical(s) flow. They are commonly just as surprised by the event as you. Give her space and know that: This To Shall Pass!

It is always important to have a new member Avian Vet Checked when /prior to their entering your home and that they are keep separate for at least 45 days. This is especially true for Parrots that have been outside for a period of time.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
welcome and be welcomed.

if your parrot is cold you'll see them shivering, easily seen on the lower abdomen as the feathers vibrate. Sometimes after a bath or shower you'll see it too, as they try to dry the feathers off. But really , temps that are comfortable for you should be OK for your birds. You should know the drill - no drafts or direct wind on them ( like next to a heating or AC duct).

Good advice above from Dr 'Boats.

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Welcome to the three of you!
FYI, that ball with the octagon openings is an accident waiting to happen! Your babies can easily get trapped! If you have it outside the cage in a supervised area, that should work!

Most Reactions